Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

August 11, 2013

A Walk in the Park

So far, Nashville is beautiful. I know we wanted to live on the west side of the city ( the more metropolitan area), but if we had done that...then we would totally have missed out on this...
our beautiful drive anywhere....it looks like this on all directions.
 This is the most I've had my hubby home...and it's good and bad. Good- because it's nice to have the whole family home all the time. Bad- because we get bored so fast with each other. All Spencer wants to do is go outside and watch birds. All I want to do is go to the mall, and all Dom wants to do is go to the playground. Tough, tough, tough...so we compromise.  A couple of days ago, we went to the lake to go feed the ducks and geese.  We arrived with 5 pieces of  wheat bread and there were only about 4 ducks...so we thought we were good.
 
walking to the ducks.
 

Not sure what's going on with this guy...he's got a ball of fluff attached to his head...u see it?
 
As soon as the hubs opened the bag of bread, they all got super close. I was afraid for Dom, so I picked him up, but later put him down. He was clearly afraid of the ducks. They were actually quite big! (probably up to my knee)
While they were eating, other ducks appeared out of nowhere...

Canada geese...how I despise you. Primarily cause you would chase me around campus in my college years.

These guys were not bad, but they liked to be in your face. the baby just wanted to chase after them. I thought about letting him do that, but honestly, they can do some real damage. Their beaks can break skin if they don't feel like being nice. So, I held on to baby for the time being. I didn't want an accident.
He did NOT like being held....and he was bored.
So, 4 ducks turned into a gang of geese...and then we got this....

Where did they all come from????

Yeah, I got scared...I really thought about running...for a second. I thought I was in the movie "Birds". Once the bread was gone, they kept getting closer, but with Spencer's ninja skills- he was able to fight them off  (or scare them off)....and they eventually wandered off. Next thing we knew, this other family arrives with 5 loafs of bread!....geez...sorry, I don't have that kind of money, nor am I really gonna feed these ducks.
 



 We left them to feed the birds, and we walked a bit, mainly to tire the baby. Then we found this mini beach and I let him put his feet in the water- HE LOVED IT!....he kept running back and forth...I wouldn't let go of his hand. Had I had water proof shoes, I probably would have run in with him. Maybe next time.....

There is a beach here at the lake...but you have to pay $4 to get in, and I haven't actually seen it, so not sure if it's worth it. But you can see from the picture, that the water is actually quite clear. The beach area has a picnic/playground area included in there as well. We'll have to check it out sometime, maybe when my parents visit in late August...maybe make a picnic out of it...we'll see. At first I thought living by the airport would be noisy, but honestly, I am yet to hear an airplane, and they get so close to the road too.  Either way, I'm glad we decided to move to the East side of town, I kinda like the peacefulness of it all....especially in such a busy city like Nashville.











No comments: