Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

August 8, 2014

A happy ending....or beginning?

 

Dom wanted to be in the pic
My dear husband, after a much stress-filled year, has finished his Masters in Nursing. He is amazing! When he decided he wanted to go back to school, he looked for the fastest programs in the nation, since we had already started a family and knew that loans would just get harder to pay back in the long run (come to find out, there's really only about 2 fast programs- Vandy and Duke). Once he told me about it, I knew my love and respect for him had grown....he was so considerate of us and wanted to do what was best for ALL of us, not just him and his career.
We moved to Nashville last July to a dreadful weather, and I was afraid of this new place. I knew we had no family and no friends. We would have to start over...but people do it all the time right???


Photo Op
It has been a long year, and it has finally happened....he passed his final and has his Masters. He has applied to several jobs....most in AZ and OK area....and has received offers, but with fasting we have come to realize that it's not quite what he's looking for.  For now, he has submitted his information to take his boards to earn his license as a Nurse Practitioner, while we wait.


On the way to the event
Family pic...Dom had just woken up

We are so proud of him. He finished his masters before his 30th...not a lot of people can say that. His pinning ceremony was this past Sunday and he was so nervous...I'm not sure why. There really is no graduating ceremony for this program unless you want to stick around for May 2015 and walk then. All nurses go thru this pinning ceremony- you get to walk and the Dean of Nursing gives you a pin (I'm not sure what you're suppose to do with it), and you get one for your bachelors in Nursing and Masters in Nursing....if you decide to get a PhD then you just get a certificate and a laureate. Spencer is already talking about a doctorate....maybe after the loans are paid off...



The ceremony was only 2hrs long and I brought the ipad for Dom just in case. Truth be told, we really didn't need it, he was so good. All the grandmas we were sitting next to, told me how well behaved he was...go figure. Then, while they were announcing the "L" students, Dom decided to pee on me. I'm not sure what happened, cause he wasn't wet at all, it totally bypassed him and went on my skirt...I felt super warm...it's been a while for this. So, we headed off to the bathroom in the lower level and I gave him some snacks while I waited for my skirt to dry off. The joys of motherhood....haha


walking to get pinned

We finally decided to go back in when the "W's" were announced, and then once it was done, we found Spencer right away and went home to celebrate. YAY!....here's to a new beginning for us...


First Day of Nursing at Vandy


Last day...he looks legit.