Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

March 18, 2015

3 Months










Ethan is finally looking like a little person. I used to say that about Dom around this time, and it's finally true for this guy. The last two months, he was just an eating and pooping machine....but finally....he's starting to show some personality. He HATES being away from the action. When we sit down to eat, he has to sit in my lap, he hates being in the swing far away. Hopefully he can work on his stability and sitting this month, so I can take out the booster seat and he can sit with us, and I can eat in peace....he's no longer considered a newborn- but an infant...yay! He weighs 13.5 lbs (no change this month) and stretched to 25.5 inches....a whole inch in a month...is that too much?
He is actually the same size Dom was at his age. I thought he was much bigger, but I guess Dom was big and then evened out. Its crazy how long and big my babies are in the beginning...and then they really slow down growing. Dom hasn't really grown for a year. Hes due for a stretch soon- he still wears 24mo clothes.
Ethan loves Dominic. He makes him smile and constantly talks to him...especially when Dom is yelling all over the apartment and running around. Older brother Dominic likes to say hi every morning "Hi Ethan...Hi Ethan" and Ethan loves it. I'm glad Dom enjoys him. Let's see if he thinks the same way when Ethan become mobile and starts taking his toys.
This month, we had to go back to the doctor a few more times. After his shots, two weeks later, Ethan has a mild allergic reaction (we still don't know what) and he itched so bad...his head was full of scratches...so now, he wears socks on his hands. I try to cut his nails, but they're still so sharp. And he is so good at taking them off. the only ones that stay on through the night are long socks that go up past his elbows.
Anyways, the doctor couldn't figure out what it was either, and by then it was almost gone. But he did say he had terrible eczema (Dom wasn't diagnosed until 4 months- poor kid), so we started a religious regimen of bath, creams, and whatnot. I know people and doctors say to only wash your kids every so often- but that's GROSS. I have to wash my kids every day. I mean Dom touches EVERYTHING including nasty floors...and everyone touches Ethan all the time....and then his poops get all over him...that's just nasty. So, I bathe my kids every day....that probably aggravates the eczema...but I feel like they need to be clean before they go to bed.
Besides eczema, the doctor think he has thrush. I tried to breastfeed this kid thinking I was doing the greater good, but it seems its causing more problems than anything (I think I may have gotten thrush too through nursing...ouch, but it went away after like 4 days, but we're probably passing the yeast back and forth). I was not familiar with thrush (Dom had formula half the time), so it was news to me. He gave me some medicine for it...and finally on the 5th day taking it, his tongue turned green....so back to the doctor we went (I called first and he told me to stop giving him the medicine and take him ASAP). We had to wait a good 4 days to get in (they don't' work on the weekends)...but Ethan was unfazed by it. Poor kid- I don't even know if it's thrush or not, but he was never in pain. He never complains, or screams, or anything. Kids are so resilient....I'm glad my kids are not whiners...I think I would have given up by now, if they had been. Anyways, he's on the stronger medicine now...I have to wait 7 days (Dr says it works 100% of the time)....to see if it works. If not, he told me about something ginsen violet (?)...that would be our last resort..one dose is all it takes with that stuff...but you have to get it online. Hardly any pharmacies stock it.
Cutie Pie- doesn't know it yet, but he'll be a big cardinals fan like
his older bro and daddy



Dom is so good at giving encouragement
Hittin' the gym hard....the play gym that is
He loves pushing it. Dom never liked the stroller, and I am not sure
why I kept it, but I'm glad I did- I have a helper!
Deep in thought....he does that a lot. He hardly cries, he just likes to
sit there and think.
Ethan is already half rolling- hell roll to his side and then back. I really dont know what the rush is- but secretly I hope he walks early so I dont have to carry the car seat around. Ugh- worst invention ever. As soon as he hits the 20lbs, Im giving it away (probably with the stroller. Havent decided yet). I kinda want to buy a smaller, lighter stroller. Jogging strollers are just for outdoors. You can't use them at the mall or indoor stores- it sucks. Buy a smaller one that folds super tight. I saw a chicco liteway (in the box) at Ross last week for $80. I thought it was too much, so I let it go. Once I found out that it was a $150 stroller online, I went back, but it was gone.  Guess I need to research baby stuff more seriously. And Dom will get a booster seat and hand down that bulky car seat to Ethan....I HATE clunky things...they take too much room. I want my car back.



No comments: