He's so different from his older brother. Dom is way more independent. Ethan is more clingy...he loves his mama too much. But I feel bad, cause then I feel like Dom feels left out. Recently, we started letting Ethan cry to sleep (because he was spending WAY too much time on our bed)...and it's not going well. He cries REALLY hard for about an hour....as soon as you pick him up...he stops. So, basically, he's a bit of a drama queen. We just need to get over this big hurdle...he needs to learn to soothe to sleep, otherwise, he will NEVER have a bed of his own...it sucks...but it has to be done.
He's eating table foods. He loves to eat what everyone is eating...not the mush he gets. He's a very oral baby- EVERYTHING ends up in his mouth. I have found small toys, legos, leaves, dirt, grass, carpet pieces in his mouth...it's crazy. Dom was NEVER like this...this is all so new to me. I hate having to watch him all the time. I have to sweep at least twice a day. I'm pretty sure he's also eaten little bugs...but since I haven't actually seen him...I'll pretend it isn't so. And, he finally tried meat. Ugh....poop is so disgusting now...and to think...I have about two more years of this....
He also got his two bottom teeth...within two days of each other. That week was not enjoyable...for ANYBODY. I tried the homeopathic gels, clove oil, and a mix of tylenol and advil. Everything together took the edge off...again, my child is a drama queen. Dom never made this much fuzz....yes, he was crabby...but NOT like this. He still has a super mild fever...so I'm sure the top two are pretty much here....yay for me.
Ethan loves to tease his older brother, which I think is funny. Dom will politely tell him to go away...but he HAS to be right there...all the time. Dom will then sit on him...he cries...then I get him and he's all smiles. And then the cycle begins all over again. Yesterday, I let him and Dom figure it out...I can't save him all the time. He didn't like that, but he kept going back. But for the most part, Dom tolerates him. We do playtime after Dad leaves for work and all three of us play. It starting to show Dom that Ethan can play and is not so bad after all. Most of the time, Ethan plays the role of the destructive giant baby coming to destroy the little people's world...haha (and the transformer destroyer).
I was hoping to move him up to a bigger car seat, but he's just NOT quite there...he needs to be 20 lbs...I don't want to break the law. We'll wait until next week haha. He's very tired of the car seat....he hates it. It's way too small, his feet and ankles dangle and his head is at the very top of the car seat...and it's just too small. I found a bigger car seat for Dom on clearance at Target, so I will upgrade him and then give Ethan the one his older brother was using (he only used it for a year). This way, it will be easier for Dom to get out of the seat to go to school AND Ethan can finally fit in a proper seat. I hate how many different options of car seat there are: baby, convertible, back booster, booster without belt, and a booster....seriously??? and then a recent magazine I received said to wait until babies were in the upper range of the weight limit ( of the particular car seat) to move them up into that car seat. My thing is....then why do car seats have weight limits then? if it says safe for 20 lbs to 65lbs...its been tested for that weight. I am not buying 3 car seats per child...I"m not rich ( especially when they cannot be used car seats). I feel like car seat makers have great lobbyists in Washington.
He's almost walking....he's so close to taking steps without holding on to things. i remember Dom walked right after his dad's birthday....and Dom's bday is a week before Ethans...so I think it's going to be close to Dom (walking st 9 months). He stands as much as possible and likes to be at everyone's level. He hates crawling when no one is. His pediatrician is pretty certain he'll be walking by 12 months...so, my kids dont sleep and they dont sit still....yeah, I think I'm done...lol.
Overall, he's ok. Maybe I will keep him.




No comments:
Post a Comment