Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

September 4, 2015

End of Summer

August was hot for us....really hot. we hardly went outside. I think we only made burgers once on the grill...and the mosquitoes were back with a vengeance. I had to resort to mixing coconut oil with lemongrass/eucalyptus oil in order for us to not be eaten alive the ten seconds it took us to go get the mail...it was that bad. I'm enemy #1 for them....then Dom. But Dom scratches like crazy and then he gets these nasty scars on his legs. The only time I was immune to mosquitoes was when I was pregnant with Dom. I'm not sure why.

Sunday Best

Dom has been getting ready to go to school. We talked about it all the time, and at first he said he was scared, but when we went to the open house and got to see his classmates and toys...he got so excited. It seems he grew a foot. All of a sudden, none of his pants are long enough....they look like high-waters. It's about time too...he's been 2T for a while....I'm glad he's growing. He's also been grumpier. I think he hates Ethan getting all the attention. And then Ethan gets angry when Dom gets all the attention....what is up with that??? is this normal???how do people have 8 of these???
My happy child...most of the time.

Ethan has been so grumpy- I think hes teething. He finally sprouted his first tooth- middle right bottom tooth. And hes quickly working on the one next to it. I don't remember Dom being so grumpy, but he does have a greater pain tolerance. I tried that homeopathic orajel, and clove oil. First I
put it on directly (I was desperate)- don't do that. It stings like a mother! Dilute it with coconut oil first- seems to work (at least take the edge off), but I ended up giving him alternating Tylenol and Advil. I found some good coupons at the Dr's office last time, and Walmart happened to have them on clearance for $2.50, so they were free.....and good thing too cause I was ready to strangle him. I've never had such a grumpy, needy, clingy child before- I don't like it.
My grumpy child...most of the time

Spencer worked a lot, but that's good because we can pay off loans faster. He is getting ready to go to on a birding trip to Costa Rica soon. He's super excited about that. He's also super excited to start a tree house ( he already got the first phase supplies) and the new grass he's growing in the backyard is SUPER fluffy! I actually walked on it barefoot....and I don't even like the outdoors lol. It's so awesome....I could sleep on it. It's gonna look amazing....just give it a year lol. He has drawn an awesome landscape plan and hopes to have it done by next summer....which is good...now is the time to buy all the seeds and maybe mulch...now, that it's on clearance at a lot of places. 
What Spencer wants our backyard to look like


what it looks like (taken in april)- trees have leaves now.

I have been busy with two grumpy kids. I also found 3 mo groupon for gold's gym, and hope to go everyday that Dom goes to school, but we'll see. I have also started preparing for our Dec birthdays- Dom has asked for a transformer party and Ethan will turn ONE. 
I've pulled my cricut out and we'll see what I can create in the free time I have. I am kind of excited that December is  SO full of festivities for us with two birthdays and Christmas...it can also drain our pockets, but lucky for us, I have already stocked a small closet full of toys...makes it easy on us. I planned and budgeted accordingly, and was able to find some toys on sale, so I have been adding them up little by little. I always dread Christmas...it seems the credit card bill exponential grows from Black Friday weekend all the way to the last weekend before Christmas....at least this way, the kids are done...we just need to buy for family, hoping the bill will stay somewhat reasonable.
Dom went to his 2nd minor league baseball game...

he found a little boat

We ended the month with a big bang- we went to the beach! It's the last entry on the blog, so everyone is welcomed to read about it. And now....the fall....


No comments: