Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

October 19, 2015

10 Months

Holy Cow....he's almost one! I'm so glad too...these baby phases are too much for me...too many growing pains. Ethan is still sleeping in the crib...NEVER on my bed (yay!) and I even went a step further and put him in the toy room. Yep, that's right. I thought he was going to have a hard time, but he actually, I think, sleeps a bit better, and I can finally be a bit more loud in my room, instead of tip toeing everywhere. I think Ethan as soon as he saw me, got whiny. By moving him to his own room, he just whines a bit and goes back to bed- simple and done. I LOVE IT
This kid is always around food....fake or real

Now, I can stay up as late as I want...and watch TV...maybe. I have terrible insomnia...nothing has cured it. I think it's my body's reaction to never really sleeping again lol. Dom wakes up once during the night and asks for milk...so I keep it next to his bed and he can deal with it...so I really don't see him...which is nice...finally got that one down....but Ethan??? oh boy....he takes about 5 bottles from 8pm to 8am....he's a chunker. I keep thinking to give him more milk...hence less bottles...but then he doesn't drink all the formula and I have to throw it away....um, do you know how expensive that stuff is??? I'd rather just get up 5 times...and I do. So, I guess I never fully sleep...which leads to the insomnia.
goofy kid

He finally got all 4 teeth out...so much better. NO more medicine for this guy. He's still a bit more clingy than Dom ever was. When Dom and I play...he HAS to be right there next to me...not just in the room...but next to me. He gets mad when Dom sits on my lap...lol. You think I'm misinterpreting situations??? Not at all. Last week, Dom was sitting on my lap watching TV, and Ethan came by and tried to bite him...yep. It actually has happened several times, that I'm starting to think he does it on purpose. He loves to be held....and he loves Dom too...but I think he loves his Mama more. He does this thing where...if I smile at him, he'll crawl to me, and put his open mouth to my cheek....maybe a kiss? and I'll say "oh thank you thank you" and he'll get the biggest smile ever. I'm not gonna lie...it's a bit creepy...but seriously, who doesn't like a little baby love??? Dom didn't do that...he smiled at me...but never tried to "kiss me". I don't think he's trying to bite me, cause he would try to close his mouth...and he doesn't...it's so odd. How can someone so little know that kind of affection???
My pumpkins never stood a chance

He also loves to say "ba" and "ma"....I honestly can't remember if Dom ever did that. Ethan is so much better at communicating...whether he wants milk, water, food, cereal. He makes funny faces when he doesn't want something....or pushes it away with his hand...so I know that's not what he's looking for. If he wants it...he claps and/or opens his mouth immediately. Dom never did that.  I use sign language and he understands it...but he won't repeat it...so I'm not sure if he actually knows it. When I say "all done" he claps and smiles...so I know he's ready to be done....but he won't actually do the hand sign to me....he's a bit lazy.
Everyone has their own box

I thought he would walk by 9 mo for sure...but I was proven wrong...he's lazy. He could have done it by now, but mijo is lazy...always does the bare minimum. When he holds his bottle...it's on top of his belly....I have to give him and hold his water during feeding times....I have to carry him a lot of the time....I'm telling you...he's lazy. Dom was so independent. Ethan can step off things and hold his balance for a good 5 seconds...maybe even give a step or two...but won't try anything more. He has a walker car that he likes and uses that...but gets bored/tired too fast and gives up.....until Dom picks it up to play...then he wants it again....and I gotta play referee.
Fighting over EVERYTHING these days

He eats pretty much everything I give him. If its veggies, they have to be mixed in with fruit...but he will eat them. He's having a hard time with beef and chicken...but wait until he's really hungry and then he eats it just fine. He can't have sweets all the time. He never drinks juice, I wont let him. Dom didn't have it when he was a baby, and it was the smartest decision yet. He only drinks water and it's awesome....that's really what they need...water. If we go out to eat, he may get a small soda...that's a treat though. Water is so good for you, you don't need juice. I'm hoping Ethan  will be the same way and just do water....since he happens to have a sweet tooth.

It's been a good month..all he needs to do is sleep more than 4 hours and walk...and I think my life would be a heck of a lot easier...hey, one can dream right?

No comments: