Ethan is my foodie...my taco monster...I call him. ( Uncle Beto likes to call him "gollum" as in LOTR). He will eat ANYTHING. He has to try absolutely EVERYTHING that's being served...even soda (but I never give it to him). He'll watch you munch on your food and he'll start smacking his lips...like a poor kid lol....and then get mad when your food misses his mouth (and ends up in yours). His daddy is like that you know....the one that has to taste everyone's plates (especially in a restaurant where we all eat something different). They both really do love food.
He was drinking so much milk, I decided to switch him to whole milk, instead of formula. He is doing really well so far...so we'll keep watching him. My sister in law told me her little one was able to do it by 11 months too...so I figured I guess there really is no "set" age for babies to have formula...obviously the longer they nurse or the longer they use formula the better....but since Ethan is actually a REALLY good eater...I figured he really is getting all his vitamins from all sources of food....so I think milk is okay. With Dominic....he hardly ate anything...at all. I am not sure why he's not on pediasure right now. he should be...his diet consists of corn dog, campbells kids soups (like star wars, mario, scooby doo) and quesadillas.....seriously, that is it. At restaurants, he still doesn't get his own meal. I will order one kid meal for both kids and Ethan will eat most of it.....and some of mine. Dom just picks at it....and if bread is served before the meal...he'll just eat "bread and cream" (that's what he calls it...it's butter. Obviously, we don't have it at home very often haha).
Ethan has stretched- only 12 months fit this kid ( I think he's about 25lbs- seriously only like 8 lbs between my boys). I finally gave up trying to put on 9mo pants and shirts on him. Shirts are too short and if they're onesies....they don't go around his big cloth diaper anyways....like they did with Dom. So, I just moved him up. I had not realized that I have a lot of clothes. I have one big tub full of first year clothes, and then one for the 2nd year...and one for the rest. I keep buying clothes for Ethan...so that's adding to the pile....I need a bigger tub. All I know is, that I can do laundry once every week and a half...and he still has clothes....that's a little much. But I love holiday clothing...it's so cute!
He's walking everywhere these days. He finally overcame his fear and hardly crawls. He's so good at it too. He likes to yell at Dominic when he comes by him too fast and distracts his concentration..it's funny to watch. OR Dom will "anaconda squeeze"him (anybody? nacho libre? We like hugs around here)and he'll yell for that too. He just doesn't like anybody touching him but mom. He needs to get over it, he has a good brother....some kids don't have that. They will both play in the same room, but hardly together....Dom will always pick the hot wheels and cars...Ethan will always pick the kitchen and food playset. I think I might get him a shopping cart full of food for his birthday....haha.
He finally got teeth 5, 6, and 7...and I can feel the 8th one, but has not actually crawled out of his gum...but he's doing okay. I think he just got used to it. I do sometimes give him ibuprofen at night to help him sleep....but even then...on a good day....he wakes up at 11 pm, then 2 am and then finally at 7am....on a bad day....every couple of hours....I usually give him a bottle but stop at 12 oz....if he still cries....I let him just cry it out. It breaks my heart, but I can't keep feeding him like that. I mean...seriously...I don't even know if I could drink 12 oz of milk....geez. And he eats right before bed too...usually a yogurt cup. When Dom was this age, I think he would wake up once or twice too. Are all babies like this? Or just mine? Why don't they sleep???? Ethan only takes one nap all day and it can vary from 30 min to an hour....these days, its 30 minutes. I dont know how people expect me to get anything done! Either way, he's so happy when he wakes up...he's my happy kid in the morning....Dom is my whiny/grumpy kid (like his mama)...and then the roles change at night...Dom gets better, Ethan gets worse.
He has also fallen over while looking at the tub while it was filling up at least twice....both times i was there....its still scary though. And even though, he breathes water, he never cries....just sneezes a lot.....maybe he should be a swimmer. One thing is for sure....he's fearless.
And....thats his 11 months in a nutshell.
And....thats his 11 months in a nutshell.






No comments:
Post a Comment