Whenever Dom and Ethan bathe together, Ethan is fascinated by their belly buttons, I am not sure why. And he loves it when Dom bathes him and pours water on his face...mama doesn't like that so much, but if it makes him smile, I will let Dom do it for a bit.
He's also actually saying words- "hi", "bye", "dada" ,"mama" (FINALLY!), "boo"....that's like 6 times more than Dom had at this time. I'm glad this will not be an issue for him. He is a bit dramatic though, he will hit the floor almost immediately when I say "no" and he will cry until I pick him up. He is also the only kid to hug me everytime I come home (even if I leave for 10min). Dom will tell me he missed me, but Ethan will literally come running and hug me...then asked to be picked up.
| He's become fascinated by his baby toys.....better late than never. |
His eczema has flared up this time, but not nearly as bad as when he was a newborn- his skin is so much better than Dom's. He also (I think) finally beat the yeast infection)...and the eye infection. His eye (right after surgery) was getting these nasty green booger mucus secretion....after a call to the dr....he said it was probably an infection and to get antibiotics. After a couple of weeks of that, it hasn't come back. The dr did warn that if it happens again and often, he may remove the eye tubing earlier in order to help his eye battle the infection on his own.
He loves to dress up- he loves to try to put on shoes, and socks, and pants. He also likes taking his diapers off- so he always wears pants. He likes the little potty and sits down on it, but I"m pretty sure he has no idea what is for....maybe I should start introducing that...so he may get it by age 2. He loves watching Dom go potty though. I have caught him playing with the toilet water once of twice while Dom is using the potty....I don't get queezy easily...but this was one of those times. YUCK!
| Boys fight over the red wagon all the time. |
He loves playing with water, but doesn't care for bath. He likes to play with running water, or puddle water in the backyard. He also loves to play with dirt...he likes to feel it in his hands, especially when it's dry. He also loves the teeter totter. Recently we found one for our backyard, and Ethan will want Dom to get on one side, and I'll help him with the other one.
He is also a really good eater- he will try anything. He's done green beans, rice, spinach, lettuce, radish, pickles. But he loves fruit- banana, raisins, grapes, and Greek yogurt. recently, he has not been eating well, but I blame the molars- he's got four coming up. No canines yet...but I'm sure they're re close. But at this point, I think there is only about 3 lbs difference between my two boys.
| Loves pushing buttons...in every sense of the word |
He likes being around Dominic, and right after dinner we go into "crazy hour"...because both of them go crazy...they wrestle and chase each other for a good hour...usually until Ethan gets tired and Dom gets bored. When Dom spends Friday nights with my mom, Ethan really misses him, he just wonders around whining.
| This only happens when Dada babysits....poor guy. |
He's a good sleeper...the past of couple of nights he hasn't been. But he usually sleeps from 8pm to 7am. I am getting ready to put both boys together again....soon, so we'll see if it goes better this time around. I found a little video of the boys that sums up their relationship...Dom is loud and in charge, and Ethan just observes and dances.

No comments:
Post a Comment