Recently, he's been getting 4 (probably more) molars and he's so grumpy. Ever since our Disneyland trip, he only wants to be held by mom and nobody else. he wears out my name: "mama mama mama". He cries EVERYTIME I leave the room and I don't have him in my arms. He's also very jealous of Dominic. Dom will sometimes sit on my lap...and he'll move him. Or Spencer will give me a kiss and hug goodbye and Ethan will bust out in tears....and try to move him, which he usually can't. Everyone is so mean to him...lol. I really don't know where all the clingyness came from.
He's sleeping better....from about 8pm to 7am...sometimes wakes up around 5 am for extra milk. But recently, have noticed that he's not eating...anything but milk...so I think it's his teeth and gums that hurt....So, we try a lot of soft stuff- he loves avocados...and will eat three whole ones and nothing else. he also like mac and cheese, and yogurt, and jello...things like that. Every now and then I will give him advil...and he will eat cereal, cheese, and meat.
He recently gave up the bottle unless its to go to bed. I can't believe it has taken us this long....Dom was completely done right after the year. Ethan only has one bottle, so I it helps me not give it to him as much. It took him about a week to finally drink milk from a sippy cup in the mornings....i hope to be out of bottles in a couple of weeks....its a bit ridiculous...Im getting lazy. He still sleeps in the crib, but prob will take the side off and see how he does. I dont want to do everything at the same time- no crib, no bottle, potty training....too much change too fast.
He has also gotten used to sucking on the corners of his blanket. He has a leopard blanket that my mom gave him, and he grew attached to. But recenty, when I washed it, I noticed all four corners were a mustard color. Then I realized that he was sucking on them at night..in the crib...and most recently....he has been sucking on them during the day. I'm not sure if its just the teeth that are bothering him...he's never done this before. He doesn't suck on anything else...but the blanket, so I find it odd. As soon as he sees it...he goes for it. We'll keep track of it, and see if it ends when all his molars are out.
He's grown a lot and is in desperate need of a haircut....his hair is so long. But i can't find myself to drive him to the haircut place. His hair is amazing....so curly and so honey colored. I know if I cut it, it will turn darker and won't curl anymore...that's what happened to Dom. But at the same time, He keeps getting mistaken for a girl...not sure why, because he wears a lot of blue, including his glasses.
Must be the eyelashes....I swear I don't know where my kids get it from...but they have the longest, most amazing eyelashes ever....they did not get that from me.
He's talking more...he'll say "more" and "mama" and "dada" and "done". He communicates really well. Lately, he learned how to nod "yes" and "no"...so he's doing that now. I think he learned much faster than Dom because he has a little person to follow.
Recently, he's really loving the potty seat...so I have pulled it our for him. He sits in it all the time...I should probably take his diaper off and teach him to go potty. It seems that siblings do much better than the firstborn. I have a feeling he will do much better. He loves to go in when Dom is in the potty, and just watch him...he has even touched the pee as it streams into the toilet...I know gross...but it's probably like a fountain to him. Don't ' worry...I washed his hands...several times. If it's something we do in this house...is wash hands...a lot.
He also loves to dance. He loves to get dizzy and you will usually find him twirling in the toy room by himself and laughing. He also likes to do it in the curtains...he'll grab a corner and just twirl and and get tangled up in it...and he loves it....what a goof. Dominic is goofy because he says silly things, but Ethan is goofy because he just acts goofy.
I really do miss having him as a baby....but at the same time, I love to see him grow up. He's my favorite Ethan!








No comments:
Post a Comment