Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

April 9, 2016

The big 3-0

So, it has come to this....I'm pretty sure my life is officially half over.

For my birthday- I got WAY too many surprises. First, my hubby "surprises" me by telling me my favorite brother in law is coming to celebrate....and to see some wild chickens. For those of you new to this blog, my husband and his brother are way into birding- that's where you go around the world looking for birds....take a pic...and then count them on your "lifer" list. Don't ask.

Second surprise- I had been looking at getting new bookcases for the living room and after three months of looking at target.com....they finally stocked them, so I didn't hesitate and I bought them...came with 15% off too. Can't be mad about that.
We're getting there....super slowly...now we need to get a 75in tv.

Third surprise- my husband took me to Deep Fork Grill...best restaurant ever on a saturday night....wasn't even busy. It was great. They sat us right away, and we had chicken brochettes (Spencer's favorite) and then had fancy fish. When I told them it was my birthday, i got a free dessert....a yummy chocolate cheesecake...thing. haha...I dunno...but it was amazing. There are no pictures of this...what the heck???

last surprise- the hubs got us a new family car. I had been debating for so long between a pilot and an oddysey. Everyone that had the minivan kept telling me about how great it was with the three island seats in the middle bench (that means the middle bench can spread apart fitting three car seats). I figured since I didn't have that problem, it didn't really apply to me. And quite frankly, the only thing i liked about a minivan was the fact that the door slide....so my children would not hit another car when we were parked and they were trying to enter/exit the vehicle. but that's it! nothing else seemed appealing. Moms can't possible drive a minivan and feel hot. haha...seriously. That's the least hot car to drive. And since there was no 3rd car to drive around...i was going to be stuck with the minivan as my main drive. I just wasn't feeling it. But the pilot....the new one anyways....was not as square anymore and it had the most room of anything in its class, which is a huge plus. I just want a third row for emergencies....like when family comes to town. I feel bad they have to follow us because I don't have enough seats to accommodate them, especially when we're only three or four....if we were a family of 7, that's just tough luck haha. And it would make road trips so much more pleasant for everyone. the kids could play in the back and i can go back there as well. In my sportage, that was not the case....I barely fit between the seats...and I could do it for a few hours...but not more than 7....which is technically a road trip.
Since the hubs had already denied my request to upgrade in order to pay off his loans, I just didn't think about it anymore. It didnt make any sense to do anymore research on something that was a bit farther away.

I guess he picked up on that, cause he kept asking me "what do you want for your bday?" and since we were already going to Disneyland resort  I said "hey, you got me the hotel stay...OK? I'm good". A couple of days before my birthday, he told me he was going birding and left for 6 hours!!!! I was so mad, when he finally came home I was about to go off when I saw him shaking. when I asked him if he was ok he kept saying "yes, but I need you to come outside and look at something for me"....after hesitating I just went and there it was....sitting in the driveway with a balloon (which the wind blew to the next neighborhood) and pink paper everywhere.

On Sunday we celebrated with my parents and it was just a simple dinner (burgers and fries) and a nice cake from the local bakery...nothing fancy. It's so weird...as I get older, I don't want people to know or acknowledge my birthday...it just means I"m getting old. It kinda stinks. But at the same time, I think I have accomplished quite a bit for 30- I mean...I got thru school, I put my husband thru school,I helped my husband get his masters by moving and saving money,  I gave birth twice to two lovely boys, we were able to buy our first house, take multiple trips around the states, and even overseas....I feel a lot wiser for sure. Had I known now 10 years ago, I would have been a very confident young woman....but I kinda like being wise. I like taking no crap from nobody haha. I think I may like this phase of my life.

No comments: