He opens doors, he opens the dryer....He's CRAZY. I have to be on top of him 24/7 otherwise all I hear is the THUD of him falling off somewhere. He's okay though...no big bruises or stitches yet...
I don't remember Dom being this crazy...he was a bit crazy, but this is too much for me.
Recently, he did two big things: He got his first haircut and he got his lacrimal tube removed.
The haircut....was not good...haha. He cried the ENTIRE time....nothing would calm him. By the end, his father hated the haircut and decided to trim it even more...leading to more crying.
![]() |
| During |
![]() |
| Almost done |
![]() |
| Daddy didnt' like it. |
![]() |
| so he took matters into his own hands |
![]() |
| waiting room at eye Dr's office |
He's the only one that yells with sincere excitement when someone walks in the door "MAMA"...."DADA" and cries when someone leaves....anyone. He likes everyone being together. He hugs me and yells my name every time I have to go run an errand and I come through the door. It's quite sweet....and then he climbs the kitchen sink....haha.
He's the one that actually sits to watch TV....he loves Bubble Guppies, Blaze, Team Umizoomi, Hey Duggee, and recently discovered the PBS kids apps...so he watches Arthur, Daniel Tiger, and oddly enough...he loves the Odd Squad. Recently, I discovered that he knows what a circle and a square are...which is insane! I figured since he doesn't talk, that he doesn't know...but he does! How exciting!
![]() |
| cold water |
He is started to get picky at foods. He used to like eggs- not anymore. He used to eat quesadillas- not anymore. He likes whatever Dom has...which is usually junk (fruit snacks, fruit ropes). I have made it my mission to clear out all the junk from this house, since Dom is so terrible at eating. Before you start judging- t's not like I"m being a mean mommy- because honestly, he gets enough cookies at grandma's house AND he'll get enough sweets at school too. So he'll be fine. What irks me, is that he can go all day on yogurt. So far, that's the only thing I have bought for snack- yogurt and cereal. And I think it might be working- the other day both of them tried chicken salad...Ethan didn't take a second bite, but Dom finished the small plate he had....even though he said he didn't like it. Ethan likes having a straw cup (but can drink from a cup just fine...I just don't like cleaning up too many messes), a fork, a plate, and a napkin nearby...every time.
![]() |
| loves UFOs...he's my kid...haha |
Ethan sleeps wonderful, even with Dom in the room. I'll send Ethan to bed first, and a couple of hours later, I send Dom to sleep. Ethan never wakes up. If he eats well during dinner, he sleeps all night long. Dominic...ay....he still wakes up at least once. But that's okay because we use it to go potty during the night...so he's been super good at night on not having accidents.
Naps are super most of the time. If I wait until noon to let him sleep, he will sleep for about three hours. If he sleeps around 10am, he will only sleep one hour and then go again at around 3pm for another hour. I usually make him wait.
Speaking of training...I started potty training Ethan and he totally gets it, but refuses to do it. He'll do #2 in the froggy potty. But #1...just kinda goes everywhere...mainly in the kitchen floor...which is fine by me, as long as it's not carpet. But recently, I came to notice I had a secret weapon.....DOMINIC. He's been teaching Ethan how to go potty. I installed a small seat on top of the toilet seat, to not scare him. Dominic will go potty first, and then Ethan....so far it has worked. I wouldn't call it potty trained, since I have to tell him when to go potty....but it's def a lot less diapers around the house.
![]() |
| loves the water |
I have been so lazy this second time around. If I find a good deal for disposables, I take it. Recently, in the Sunday paper there has been quite a few good diaper coupons and target has had consistent sales to pair them up with. I have probably only bought diapers like 4 times since Ethan was born, but I still feel like I'm lazy because I don't see as many cloth diapers in the wash as I used to. Then again, if we are home, we don't really wear diapers because of the whole potty training stuff...so maybe that's it. But I still feel lazy haha....
![]() |
| seriously?!?! He fell right after this.... |
![]() |
| I love his crossed arms.....I guess he watches mama too much in the customer service counter haha |
He's an outdoor baby...but the sun if absolutely infernal these days....even my veggie garden is calling it quits (R.I.P. Pumpkin Vine) . So, we only go for a bit in the morning and then we stay inside, or we go to the splash park. We have gone to the splash park A LOT. But the water there is freezing. After an hour, both my kids get purple lips....even in 100 degree weather....so we don't go beyond an hour. Ethan is a good buddy for Dom....they chase each other, and recently started fighting. If you catch Ethan on a bad day, he will fight back...and I think he might actually be stronger than Dom. Most of the time he just cries. Dom has taken as his responsibility to punish Ethan...he'll spank him, or slap his hand....so he gets time out for that. We like to say in this house that "mom is the boss, you have to ask mom first". It's not really working haha.....but I hope that it will soon. Either way, I tell Dom all the time, that Ethan actually eats, so he needs to watch out, because Ethan will hit him soon enough.
But most of the time, they do play together, especially when I"m in the room. Recently, they have taken notice of the shopping cart and the little market. They will take turns being the bagger and the shopper. Ethan loves the cart...so he'll take more time on it, and gets Dom all mad. He also likes to swipe credit cards....in real life and play time...haha. Dom really likes having someone to play with. It's so funny, that even though they are three years apart, they really do get along and play together. I really wasn't expecting that.












No comments:
Post a Comment