![]() |
| We voted!....high water pants....haha |
He's my tv watcher. If he really wants to watch something, he will find his seat on the sofa (usually next to me) and we'll watch whatever he wants (his older brother STILL doesn't do that!). He loves food, but is now getting picky. He is starting to notice that if he whines enough he MAY get more snacks than food. He's definitely starting to have a voice. He'll tell me when he doesn't want to wear certain shirts, or pants...or diapers...haha. Yeah, He really does that. He'll say "NO" and run away. Sometimes, like for church, I will let him pick the outfit...I'll give him two choices of shirts and he'll usually pick the polo...he's not a fan of button up shirts, especially because he watches Dom whine about them.
He loves shoes. He loves to try anyone's shoes on- Dom's, mama's boots, Dad's working shoes. He's got three pairs himself that he uses on a daily basis haha.
![]() |
| Turkey feast at D's school. |
He also likes letters and numbers..TOO MUCH right now. He can tell you and recognize their names, even if you don't go in order, he will still tell you that eight is an eight. He basically thought himself with the iPad. How cool is that?!? Every time we go to the grocery store, and he'll look up at the cashier number and let me now "one"...."eight". He's so smart. First thing he does when he wakes up, is get the iPad and do the Elmo app.....like clockwork...exactly 7:30 am...before big brother wakes up and takes it from him. He's the morning guy...mainly because he goes to bed at 8pm (compared to older brother who goes to bed at 10pm).
He also loves letters. He's gotten so good. He probably only say about half of them. But again, he recognizes them, even if they are not in order. My mom has telecaption on her TV, and he loves watching the letter appear and disappear. It's like a game- how many can I name before they disappear? Haha, he's pretty cute. My mom is teaching him Spanish (or at least understand it) and he's doing well. He's a lot better than Dom was....so clearly language is his thing.
![]() |
| The boys' birthday party was a huge hit! |
He loves to color. Give him any coloring utensil and a piece of paper...and he will not STOP until that piece of paper is completely covered. Keeps him quiet for about 10 minutes. He loves it all- dry erase, markers, window markers, chalk, crayon, coloring pencils, water colors....whatever you got. He loves coloring books, chalkboard, paper, color wonder paper.....anything. I have seen him draw with chalk on the kitchen floor (and his booster seat at the kitchen table)...but thankfully, nothing on the walls yet. But I do keep an eye on him...I dont' trust him and therefore will NEVER leave him alone. If I ever did leave him alone, only color wonder will do. What a genius idea! I bought more markers in the after school sales for pennies on the dollar. Too bad the paper is not cheap. But for the sake of my sanity (and quiet sacrament meetings) I will pay whatever for it.
He loves to come with me on shopping trips. He loves being pushed in the cart and will never ask for anything....yet. So, he's my favorite shopping buddy. He'll ask to see a toy. I give it to him. He'll look at it with real intention, then put it back....or put it in the cart...haha, and THEN I put it back on the shelf. He doesn't mind though, he's a trooper. He's the only one that helps me clean up the toy room, and loves organizing. He also gets distracted easily...but I think that's all toddler boys. He loves playing with Dom in the back of the car, and Dom loves making him laugh. When he's alone in the tub for bath time, Dom will go in there and do goofy stuff to make him laugh.
| Ethan decided to share his halloween candy. |
I do have to tell you, there was this instance (last week) where we went to a restaurant as a family (Dom calls it "restaurant day" because it doesn't happen very often) and it happened to be kids night. There was a clown giving the kids balloon swords and even painted Dom's face. When we were in the car, coming back home, Ethan kept squeezing the darn balloon and Dom thought he was going to pop it (he doesn't like loud noises) so he was freaking out (especially in a tight space like the car). He couldn't reach Ethan because they both had seat belts on. Ethan is giggling, because he finds it oh so funny that Dom is annoyed, and Dom is about to lose it....and he finally breaks down.
| Dom's primary program |
Next time I write about him....He'll be two! We're so excited for him!




No comments:
Post a Comment