Our first event was the local park's trunk or treat. It was super crowded, and just about 20 cars...not worth it. It would take us 15min in line to get candy, because all the cars had carnival games as well. This kind of waiting was not good for Ethan, Dom is getting better. Then, once we got to the front and played the games...he didn't care for them, and barely got any candy. So, I think we'll skip it next year. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. But did like that it was in the early afternoon, and it was easy to keep track of two kiddos.
Dom had a halloween program at school and wanted to dress up as something else, he told me that Capt America was done....haha. He decided to dress up as Luigi (seriously I bought this outfit like 3 years ago for like $3 and have been waiting for him to fit in it....it's still big!) and even let me paint a mustache- so rare for this kid. He won't even let me touch his hair! He sangs some songs (Guelita, Dad, Mom, and Ethan attended) and we had some refreshments afterwards. The kiddos got a goody bag. Dom loves the singing programs- he loves the props and the fact that people come to see him.
Dom had his Primary Program this past week too. Guelita was the only one able to be there, since our time is absolutely ridiculous- we start at 2:30pm! Everyone else has meetings elsewhere. I really hope we switch next year, because there is talk that we might actually stay. Anyways, he was so excited because this was his first year that he actually memorized what he had to say. Last year, they helped him a bit, even though we practiced. This year he knew it all by himself. He went up there and Sister B was on the side helping the kiddos. Dom got close to the microphone and said "sister B no wait! let me do it! I know what to say. let me do it"....everyone chuckled....that's Dom in a nutshell. He always knows what he wants. He said his part and then waved at us. He was so happy.
Spencer ate the only watermelon the plant gave us this year. He said it was so sweet and aweome, but too many seeds for such a tiny thing. Goes to show you, we are so spoiled! stupid GMOs. I have given my mom about 30 jalapenos..and more are still growing on the plant. And we also have several tiny tomatoes (I think they are grape tomatoes) in clusters growing. The highs around here are still in the 70s and 80s....which is so weird. But finally, today, it's getting chillier in the mornings, so maybe winter is coming after all. All the trees are green around here still, how is the pollen and allergies suppose to leave when the trees won't give up?!? I am so done with allergies for this year.
That was our main event for October. But we also have been working on our kitchen. Spencer, unfortunately, on the very last day that he was working on the shed roof, jumped off and I think (he thinks) he pinched a back nerve. He's been in pain ever since. I kept telling him to go to the doctor since he was off for the next two weeks (to work on the kitchen)- he actually had time to rest! But like a man, he decided it would go away with some ibuprofen.....a week went by.....a week and half went by. He thought it was getting better until last Sunday. He said he couldn't even sit down, because the pain was like lightning shooting down his legs. So, he finally went into the doctor and he prescribed him steroids and some pain meds (NOT ibuprofen) which make him drowsy. During all this time, he's been helping me paint the cabinets white....he's such a trooper. He made a table in the garage, so he could stand up (sitting is a no go for him still) and he has spent the last two weeks painting and sanding cabinets. I have finally taken over with the glazing and top coat, and most of the kitchen is already set up. We'll most likely set it up later tonight and take pics for the big reveal! Stay tuned!
For now, Spencer has started going to the chiropractor because he thinks he might actually be better suited to helping him with the pinched nerve. The pain has slowly decreased, he says it's more "uncomfortable" now, not just pain. So, we think the chiropractor is really helping him. He also does morning exercises to stretch out the joint and the back. Sad to say...that we really are getting old.
For now, November is still busy for us. First, we HAVE to finish this kitchen this week, because I have a double birthday party to host here super soon. Also, I have been spending my time finding decorations and decorating the house for fall and thanksgiving (as well as bday decorations for the kids). I also am making a craft for the RS service auction, which I barely finished just in time for Thursday (whew!) AND we also have to get ready for Thanksgiving.....here's to hoping that having a November party will alleviate the December rush!
![]() |
| holding hands....LOVE (I didn't' tell them to do that!) |
We went to the ward festival that weekend, and the kids had fun. They had so many carnival games there and they got to eat so much chili (especially Ethan) and cookies (especially Dom). They had all kinds of cool prizes for all kinds of things- and WE didn't win a single one! What gives? We lost the costume couple design to a couple who dressed up as a Studio C skit, and the group prize went to a family of crayons.
Then our trunk would have been 2nd place, but there were no second place prizes...well, that's comforting thanks! The family that beat us went for the spooky trunk, I went more for the superhero trunk. I totally forgot to take pictures of our trunk! Dom and I spray painted buildings on a cardboard box (undone) and put some holes for sparkly lights (battery operated) you know- for a starry night, with several spooky pumpkins and spider webs, and banners for halloween. Everyone thought it was SOOOO cute, I thought for sure we would win. Pride is never a good thing.
Then our trunk would have been 2nd place, but there were no second place prizes...well, that's comforting thanks! The family that beat us went for the spooky trunk, I went more for the superhero trunk. I totally forgot to take pictures of our trunk! Dom and I spray painted buildings on a cardboard box (undone) and put some holes for sparkly lights (battery operated) you know- for a starry night, with several spooky pumpkins and spider webs, and banners for halloween. Everyone thought it was SOOOO cute, I thought for sure we would win. Pride is never a good thing.
For actual Halloween, the kids only were able to do two streets in our neighborhood, which is totally fine. They got more candy than they could handle. Dom kept asking people if he could have more..no joke. After like 4 houses, I was like "baby, that's enough! you have plenty, leave some for our friends". He didn't like it, but he was fine. Between the two of them, they filled more than one pumpkin (you know that hard ones that are like $1) .We'll probably save some candy for stocking stuffers haha. There really is no need to finish all this candy off this year.
The weather this year was crazy. We were sweating in our costumes. By this time, we are usually freezing. Finally, it seems the weather is starting to get chilly.
![]() |
| Spiderman at the Ward Festival |
![]() |
| Hulk at the Ward Festival. I even decorated his feet!!! |
![]() |
| This is a group pictures. I actually made that chest light thing! We're gonna have to step up our game next year! |
Spencer ate the only watermelon the plant gave us this year. He said it was so sweet and aweome, but too many seeds for such a tiny thing. Goes to show you, we are so spoiled! stupid GMOs. I have given my mom about 30 jalapenos..and more are still growing on the plant. And we also have several tiny tomatoes (I think they are grape tomatoes) in clusters growing. The highs around here are still in the 70s and 80s....which is so weird. But finally, today, it's getting chillier in the mornings, so maybe winter is coming after all. All the trees are green around here still, how is the pollen and allergies suppose to leave when the trees won't give up?!? I am so done with allergies for this year.
That was our main event for October. But we also have been working on our kitchen. Spencer, unfortunately, on the very last day that he was working on the shed roof, jumped off and I think (he thinks) he pinched a back nerve. He's been in pain ever since. I kept telling him to go to the doctor since he was off for the next two weeks (to work on the kitchen)- he actually had time to rest! But like a man, he decided it would go away with some ibuprofen.....a week went by.....a week and half went by. He thought it was getting better until last Sunday. He said he couldn't even sit down, because the pain was like lightning shooting down his legs. So, he finally went into the doctor and he prescribed him steroids and some pain meds (NOT ibuprofen) which make him drowsy. During all this time, he's been helping me paint the cabinets white....he's such a trooper. He made a table in the garage, so he could stand up (sitting is a no go for him still) and he has spent the last two weeks painting and sanding cabinets. I have finally taken over with the glazing and top coat, and most of the kitchen is already set up. We'll most likely set it up later tonight and take pics for the big reveal! Stay tuned!
For now, Spencer has started going to the chiropractor because he thinks he might actually be better suited to helping him with the pinched nerve. The pain has slowly decreased, he says it's more "uncomfortable" now, not just pain. So, we think the chiropractor is really helping him. He also does morning exercises to stretch out the joint and the back. Sad to say...that we really are getting old.
For now, November is still busy for us. First, we HAVE to finish this kitchen this week, because I have a double birthday party to host here super soon. Also, I have been spending my time finding decorations and decorating the house for fall and thanksgiving (as well as bday decorations for the kids). I also am making a craft for the RS service auction, which I barely finished just in time for Thursday (whew!) AND we also have to get ready for Thanksgiving.....here's to hoping that having a November party will alleviate the December rush!









No comments:
Post a Comment