Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

February 20, 2018

Pregnancy #3

This pregancy has gone fast...and yet so slow. Once again, nobody really noticed until I was about 18-19 weeks. You know how you have have that awkward belly, that no one really knows if it is...or isn't. Yeah, that was me....haha. Once I passed the 20weeks, there was no denying it. I had to come clean. It actually surprised me how long it took for people to mention something, especially because I teach RS, so I was up in front of all these ladies at least once a month!

The first trimester was not bad. I actually didn't even notice it. I may get a bit nauseous for a few days, but nothing that needs to be taken care of with medicine. It probably only lasted like 3-4 days. Other than that, I went on like nothing is happening. I was a bit more tired, but truth be told, this was the phase where both my kids were waking up at least once a night, at different times, so I really wasn't sure what was the cause of my tiredness. But if I sat down on the sofa long enough, for sure I would fall asleep. So I just kept moving. There's always things to do right?
I still went to my gym classes 4 times a week, for an hour. It was such a relief, honestly. It just made me feel better. I felt like this time, being my last pregnancy, I was going to get things right. I was going to eat really healthy AND do exercise. I could still do everything I did before, so it was not hard at all. I tried to take pics every 4 weeks (with Ethan I did monthly belly pics, and with Dom...I think I only did trimester pics...that's how I know what baby I was pregnant with haha). But life has gotten so busy, I may have missed my 26week- which is really where you go from cute pregnant to MASSIVE.

Second trimester...was just more tiredness. I think because I was doing too much- I was volunteering at the kids' schools, going to the gym (4 times a week for an hour and still lifting weights), doing projects around the house, preparing lessons for SS and RS. I never felt the "surge of energy" people kept talking about. I definitely didn't even get the "nesting" feeling. I had no desire to prepare for baby at all. I felt I was more important.  The only thing I bought for baby was diapers, formula, and wipes because they were so cheap at stores for a while. I still plan on doing cloth diapers for this one, so I don't feel like I need A LOT of diapers, so I just got a  couple of boxes and a few bags. My baby boys have to wear disposable diapers until the umbilical cord and the circumcision heal...it's just more sanitary that way. It keeps the baby dry so much better than cloth. But once we are past that, cloth diapers all the way. Spencer will not be here, for weeks at a time, so I need to think about what would make it easier for me. I bought formula, in case things didn't work out. I rather have it in the pantry, than try to rush and go buy some if I really need it. I don't have anything against formula, NOR breast milk. Just do what makes you feel good. With Dom, I did half and half because he was a terrible nurser. Ethan, barely drank formula (except for samples here and there). Who knows about this baby? But with three kids at home, I'm not sure what's going to be the easiest route. I have a pump in case I wanna go that route (from my Ethan baby days) and I have formula...that's all I need. I was able to score free bottles from Amazon...so I have about 4 little bottles. That's really all I need. I got rid of most of my baby and pregnancy stuff after Ethan grew, so this time its super minimalist.
The only things I have are a play mat, a stroller, a pack n play (has a sound machine), and blankets and a few clothes. The cool thing about having at third boy- all clothes I kept, are totally wearable. Even though baby will be a Feb baby (instead of Dec like his brothers), it still kind of works. Grateful for that. I did buy him some Christmas outfits at the target after Xmas sale...they were .50!! I couldn't leave them there. If anything, I can always donate them later on in the year. It's amazing how much you change kid after kid after kid. I didn't really go all out for Dominic....but I feel like most people actually have a nursery and cute furniture to fill it. This time around- the pack n play will be next to me....and then 3 months later, we will move....so I'm not even bothering with any decor or anything at all. Poor kid....he won't even remember, so I'm not worrying about it...again no nesting feeling at all.

Right now....we are in the third trimester. Finally getting so big, that clothes don't fit. I finally had to pull the pregnancy clothes I had left. I did find some really cheap jeans and pajamas online, and decided to get them, since I will probably use them postpartum. My C section does hurt for a while, so regular jeans are really not an option. And you can't forget the binder haha. I need to feel like I"m held together...not a deflated balloon. Besides, last time I was just glued - not even stitches. So, it just makes me feel more put together I guess. I like the feeling that I can bend down without everything moving around.
I'm starting to feel the aches and pains for sure. No back pain though- just tiredness, and my feet hurt at the end of the day....but again, that's because I never sit down. I finally stopped going to the gym mid January to focus on this baby. But really it never happened....I was kinda bummed, again, no nesting feeling. I thought I would have time to do "me time" but honestly, I never had a chance to rest. It felt like I was always trying to keep up with chores, the kids, or whatever else is going on in life.
 I was hoping to only gain the 30 lbs that "normal" pregnant women gain (gained 70 with 1st and 50lbs with 2nd). But at my Jan 2nd appointment, I was already 26 lbs heavier than I was pre-baby. That's insane! we did an ultrasound too- so baby measured at 4 lbs 8 oz...which is actually pretty big for the time, but not big enough for them to change my due date though- Feb 27. But, it is safe to say, that this baby will probably be big....like his siblings. Dom is my little runt at 7 lbs 14 oz. Ethan was 9 lbs 1 oz...so this baby will probably be in the middle, if not, like Ethan. I don't know how people expect me to push these babies out. I just don't have the hips for it. If I had 6-7 lbs babies, I might give it a shot. Actually, I DID give Dom a shot...he got stuck and we had to do an emergency C section. There was no WAY i was going to try with Ethan at 9 lbs.

Now, at 39 weeks, I'm so uncomfortable. I gained 35 lbs (I was much denser this time around pre baby) but it doesn't matter, I peak at around 165lbs for all my kiddos, no matter what the starting weight is. I'm feel SO heavy, I can't bend down, I'm swollen (wedding ring does not fit and I had to wear compression tights a couple of days in a row because my legs hurt SO bad. That was a new symptom for me), contractions are constant, my feet get cramps (also a new symptom for me). Other that that, I'm just tired. I guess I should not complain, some ladies have it much worse. I don't have back pain.  Even though I don't work out anymore, I never put my feet up until about 8pm- my kids won't let me. So I'm running around ALL day. Since Spencer started leaving for work for a couple of weeks at a time, I don't know how I do it (and plenty of people asked me). I don't know how I was able to do all chores and take care of two kids while being massively fat (and barely able to bend down). I just know that prayer works people! I found myself serving more in the church this year and I definitely felt the blessings pour in. And I'm so grateful for it. My visiting teachers constantly check up on me. She even gave me her swing....which is awesome, because I have no baby gear except for a carrier.
My neighbor across the street gave a box full of newborn to 3mo old clothing. What a relief, since what I had was minimal! The ladies from church surprised me with a lunch/mini shower and presents. I was definitely not expecting that at all. They even gave me a pedicure certificate. They're so silly! I'll use it eventually I'm sure haha. It's been nuts around here. Several ladies volunteered to take my kids in play dates and dinners. It didn't really happen, but the fact that so many people offered brought tears to my eyes.  I scored a couple of amazing free sample amazon baby boxes, so I got more blankets and bottles and I was even able to find a  month's worth of diapers for less than $20 on amazon too. It's been such a blessing to be part of this ward. They've kept me sane.

My husband on the other hand- is getting antsy about buying a house soon (so we have somewhere to live come end of May)and we thought we had found "the one" ( I never saw it except in pictures) and we later backed out due to the inspection results. Then, he got this idea he wanted to build, but I was never going to be there for any appointments. He met with the builder on three different occasions and thoguth we finally had a lot when they came back and told him he would have a man hole cover in the driveway....he was not happy. And the other lots sucked, so he decided to walk away. He felt so defeated in this house hunting battle....especially with no one to really help him scouthouses with.
In my true natural self, I would have been so mad and so stressed at him, but during all this pregnancy I've felt so zen like. Things that used to bother me, I just don't care about anymore. I'll just let God decide whether it was going to work  or not. It was so weird. I hope this does not mean that the baby is absorbing all the negative, and I'll have another grumpy baby. I don't know if I can handle another one. Then again, God only gives us trials we can handle right?

So....we come to the NOW. We think we found "the one" house we love. I actually found it online. It's super new so I'm hoping the inspection comes out ok. If it does, I would love to live in this house! And I worry about what my kids will do with a new baby. So far, they've been super supportive. Ethan kisses my belly daily and Dom loves to rub it. Dom is so good with babies, so we'll see what happens from here on out. Spencer surprised me when he came back and told me he would stay two weeks and a half weeks to help with baby(what a relief!) and contractions have been pretty painful for about 4 days- I still think they're Braxton hicks ones, but holy moly! I gotta slow down or sit down for them. Then again,who ever sits down when attending 6 and 3 yr olds? My kiddos definitely have not made it easy on me when dad is not here, but I'm trying to focus on the positive. We can't wait to see this new baby. At the 36 weeks ultrasound he showed 160bpm (busybody) and he was already 6.5 lbs (yikes). At the last dr appointment he was at 150bpm. So he's going to be right in the middle of Dom (170bpm) and Ethan (140bpm). Maybe he'll be the glue for all three of them. Dom and Ethan right now have a toxic relationship. Ethan loves having Dom around, as long as he's not annoying. Dominic only likes Ethan at night when he has a sleeping buddy.

So...stay tuned because right now...I'm on way to have a baby....


I AM SO DONE




No comments: