Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

April 20, 2012

4 months

YAY! Dominic has finally finished the fourth trimester, as they call it. He is officialy 4months and started solids about two days ago.He's doing great, although a bit impatient. I think he expects to get a lot more food than I give him, he's definetely going to be a foodie.

We're finally starting to finish the nursery. Spencer had painted the wall a long time ago and we already moved his pack n play and a futon in there...which I have already used. He needs company every now and then. He's okay for the first half of the night. Some friends of ours are moving away and we ended up with some of their furniture which looks good in his nursery. I just gotta put it up. My aunt made me a scrapbook frame that is really cute, but have not put a picture in there yet. I'll get there. We're slowly making progress. I'm trying to do it, without spending any money....haha. Easy right? Pretty much everything in there is a hand me down or bought for him by other people (like the clothes). I really don't spend a lot of money on clothes, cause I know my mom will always give me some. What I was not expecting was for my cousin to get rid of her baby clothes. So, extra points for her. Now, i got the 9-12 mo covered. I hate buying baby clothes, because no matter how cute they are, they will get soiled and dirtied in the first wear, and that makes me mad. So, hand me downs...I like.


So, the file cabinet will eventually go away. We are in the process of scanning every piece of paper in there and putting it in the hard drive. Because i'm not taking papers to Nashville. The futon, we think, will eventually be our couch. We're not sure if we're taking our other couch to Nashville yet. And as you can see, Dominic does not really have a whole lot of toys, but that's okay, because he really doesn't play with any of them. I got him the bouncer and the jumper. The gym came from mom. Good buy too- that's the one he actually plays with the most right now. The closet in this room is for our extra stuff. That is not Dominics. So if his clothes need to be hung (which I have tons of hangers), the armoire has a pole that sticks out to hang your day's clothes....that's where they'll go for now. I'm in the process of clearing out that closet as well. I really don't want to move all this to Nashville especially if we decide to do a one bedroom.

I still can't believe I'm a mother. It seems like so long ago that he was born. I just gotta hang on and enjoy every minute of it. I keep telling Spencer..."take a picture,....take a video...this is the first time he'll ever eat solids....this is the first time he'll ever roll over". I mean what if we don't have any more kids...? This is all I have.  I see my high school friends and see how well they are doing with ther carreers. and I see me- with a baby. I wasn't fast enough to actually get a career before I had him. But honestly, I don't see how people can do both. You have to slack on one department and be good at the other. And if that's the case- I choose the baby. I want my kid to miss me when he goes on campouts and be happy to be back. I want him to miss me when he goes to college and goes off and finds his own career. Overall, I just want him to be happy- whatever that entails. I don't want him to think that I restricted him in any way or that I never had time for him and maybe I didn't love him. He is my full time job and if this is what it is, then I'll take it. I'm sure when he starts walking and talking, we'll be buddies and actually understand each other. For now, I just gotta live in the moment...even if it means 4 hours of screaming and not sleeping at night....

No comments: