Another year older....It's so crazy how the present is so slow, but yet time flies. I remember my 6th bday party, I remember living in Mexico and playing with the cousins and going to the corner store to get fresh warm corn tortillas and sodas. I remember moving to the states and how hard that was for all of us (Spencer always compares that to the sadness he felt when he left the HB...but still think mine was worse). I remember the hard days of middle school and the good days of high school. I remember my first day of college and the freedom that accompanied it and I remember the first email I received from Spencer. I remember our courting, carefree days and I remember the day he proposed. I remember our wedding, our honeymoon, our holidays together and the birth of our child.
I feel so old. I look in the mirror and I look so different.I wish I was a lost boy...and never grow up. But then again, I have enjoyed these 26 years so much, and I am grateful for everything I have been taught by them. If I had it my way, I would like to stay 21 forever. Life was simple then. Friends were still around. Now, life is different. My family demands my attention, I barely have time to myself. And when I do I find myself doing laundry, dishes, cleaning the house....blogging. I think I'll start making cards again and start Dom's scrapbook. Spencer has decided to ask for a week off in the near future, maybe we'll go to Chicago or something. I love traveling, makes me feel young again.
It was awesome to spend time with my family on my bday. I really like having extended family here, but its not the same. My parents are awesome...I see that now. Full of wisdom and love. I am grateful they are my parents and I'm grateful to have two brothers who love me. I love the way everyone loves Dominic and spoil him.Maybe when Spencer gets a job we can live closer to them, so we don't have to drive 8 hours to see them. I'm so happy that Dominic will learn Spanish and our culture. And maybe we'll visit Monterrey someday when he's older. I bought him a baby book in Spanish, he'll have that for now. I write in it all the time but maybe I should start a baby journal. I am so very grateful for being here another year, and hope to be here many more.

No comments:
Post a Comment