Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

September 19, 2012

9 MONTHS

This whole past week I had my family over and I was too busy entertaining them. It's always fun when they visit. The hubby feels out of place, but Dom loves the attention. Before they arrived, we went to the doctor for an update on little Dom.
(at the doctor's- waiting for the shots)

HE is now 9 months old. He has spent just as much time outside my body as inside. It's so crazy how different he looks from his newborn pics. He has only gained a few pounds to a total of 18 lbs 4oz. He can actually still wear size 2 diapers believe or not. He was a total length of 29in...he's starting to slow down (from 90th to 60th percentile). His head is only 17in in circumference (10th percentile). He can actually still wear the hat that the hospital gave him. Poor guy. The doctor says to not worry since I have a small head anyways, and his head is following the growing curve...its just not huge. I guess I see that now (per the hubs)- babies are born with big heads and later grow into them....Dom actually has a proportionate head and his will eventually grow with his body...that's why he looks so different...like a little man. It's hard for me to imagine that even with a small head, he still didn't fit thru my hips.Either way, he only got one shot this time (Hep B) and hardly cried. He's such a good kid- he even smiled for the nurse after he got the shot. She said that made her day.

Anyways, Dom has finally been stepping without assistance. When my parents were here, he actually let go and did 5 steps before he fell down. He's getting there, but don't think he'll walk by Spencer's bday (21st).  He loves the attention, he would show off so much, and loves my brother. He would take books to him to read to him. It was so cute. It's amazing how much he loves books. In the morning, right after breakfast he'll go for the books and look for like 30min....which is a lot for a little baby....considering he's got the attention span of a fly. He loves MIckey Mouse Clubhouse and Spongebob, and Family Feud. He'll stop whatever he's doing to listen to the theme songs and actually watch the entire family feud show. silly boy!  I actually own a Mickey that we bought when we went to Disney World (on my 16th bday). It even still has the tag and I love the fact that I am able to pass it down to my child now. Too bad Dom is not a girl...I got some really cute Barbies and a really nice dollhouse that we coulda had fun with. But Stuffed animals work for him...for now. He loves the Mickey cause he's as big as he is.

My mom brought soooo many clothes, it's ridiculous. I'm glad he's set for the 12-18 months, cause I didn't want to buy them...haha. I was more worried about halloween. Someone gave me an outfit/custome at the baby shower. They also gave me some bibs and a diaper cover. I can't wait to start using them. But I really wanted a shirt that said "my first halloween" cause I feel like we skipped his 1st xmas, new years, easter, and 4th of july. Partly because, his father had to work all those days and since we didn't go anywhere didn't feel the need to dress him up. Besides, he won't even remember.  But my family LOVES Halloween. It's a family tradition to watch "The Nightmare Before Christmas" from halloween time all the way to christmas time.
 I keep looking for outfits for him, but only the girl stuff is cute. I'm waiting to find some really cute outfits for him to wear. They have to be long sleeved too, cause it's starting to get chilly here. He only wakes up once during the night and he's doing better. When my dad was here, he actually fixed the crib that Mom Coffey gave us....so now it's sturdy. I think I'll paint it white now and buy the matress for it. I think Dom would like getting in and out of it by himself. Hoping to have it done by his 1st birthday for sure. It'll be part of his present. For now though, I gotta worry about the hub's birthday. I mean...what do you buy a guy who wants nothing? The big 2-8. I really don't feel this old, but at the same time I do. Why do we have to age? Why can't we stay 21 forever? While my parents were here, we celebrated Spencer's bday. He really wanted Sams' Club cheesecake...and thats what he got:


In the mean time, his son also found a new toy that Guelito allowed him to play with: The IPAD
                                        He loved it! I think he may want one for christmas!

3 comments:

Mandy Coffey said...

29 inches???? Ros went to the dr last week for her 4 month check up and is 27! And I thought DOM was tall but that really puts it in perspective how tall Ros is. Sheesh.

Music City Coffeys said...

that's crazy...u must be feeding her some really good formula!is she already eating solids? Dom is a bird...he eats constantly but not a lot....it's kinda annoying. I would love for YOU to update YOUR blog..i wanna see the girls! btw..Spence is planning to visit again in Feb...heads up!

Music City Coffeys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.