Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

October 3, 2012

Welcome to our Spooky Home

This being my favorite time of the year (with Xmas a close second) we decided to decorate the apartment. Rule of the game: hardly spend anything....AH...makes it harder. I had to look thru so many boxes to look for things that i would reuse as halloween things that would work. Also a dear friend and neighbor moved earlier this year and she was kind enough to give me some of her decorations as well,making it just a bit easier. We started with the door:
Where else could we find a more hideous green door??OH WAIT...our front door. I think it turned out quite well. Total price: $1. We'll later add the pumpkin. We'll just buy one this year, I think. I feel bad for all those pumpkins that just rot away...what a sad life.
Then, we moved into the inside:
That's the entry....the hubs took over whatever I was doing (because it was not scary enough). The bats are made out of egg container (as seen on pinterest) and everything else i already had accumulated over the years. The hubs decided to wrap the web all around the bar, so now I can't watch my tv while i cook...bummer.
The bar area. I decided to cover the back with black fabric to make the stuff stand out more. We got some little led candlelights that make it a bit spookier. I also made some 3D trees out of the cricut cartridge stuff. I even embossed them and put glitter onthem. they turned out SOOO pretty, but you cant even see them because i did it all black (the glitter was silver though...you can kinda see one by the tall gourd on the right). OH well. I'll move them to the scrapbook after this is over cause i can't find the heart to throw them away.The little house and grave on the left actually make noise and move,but did not turn it on during this.
see? it goes all the way around. You can even see that our kitchen has a bit of halloween flavor as well with the pot holder and the towels on the stove.
Mommy's little pumpkin was mad he couldn't touch the webbing. He's such a doll in this outfit. He hates it by the way. He's over the footie pjs, but its the only way to keep him warm at night. He's walking now and hates how the footies get in the way of his mad skills. Here's another one:

Look at that side pose! what a goober! I found this one at the mall for a bargain... And the best part? it is a top and a bottom which Dom likes. And its so much easier to change diapers like this. I am bothered by the fact that the bottom legs and bottom arms only have one bone...they should have two- the tibia and the fibula, and then the ulna and radius. Is anybody else bothered by that??? Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't find one in his size that was anatomically correct. I didn't even want the spider in there. Why does it have to have anything on there? the skeleton is cool enough. It glows in the dark, which I like. It's funny to turn off all the lights, and see where Dom is and see him move around...it's pretty funny. Too bad it didn't have a glow-in-the-dark-hat to go with it.
That's our balcony. I wish we had room to put these at the front where people can actually see them, but oh well. I bought these the first year we were married.
I think this will be it for us (except for the pumpkin).I've got an idea for a couple of photo ops for baby Dom with the pumpkin but may not post those...especially if he's naked. I don't want my child coming after me after hes grown asking why mommy put his nakedness on the internet. Besides, there are some weird creepos out there looking for pics just like those. But will surely post at least one closer to the Halloween date...after all he's gotta show off his halloween costume.

No comments: