It's like watching life in fast motion. I watch his home movies all the time and see his pictures and I always think..."was he EVER that tiny? and bald?".
He sure is looking like a little person more and more every day. I think he's starting to get more teeth in and he is sleeping soooo good. I mean...like amazing. He'll sleep from 9pm all the way to 5am and maybe ask for a 3 oz bottle. Sometimes only a bit of water will do and he'll go back to bed until 9am again. I keep thinking how hard it was for him to sleep the first 6 months of life and I NEVER thought he would end up sleeping like this....I had already gotten used to the fact that maybe I would just have to wake up every 4 hours for the next few years or so. But I'm glad he has gotten it down, because he really needs it. He's so active, how can he NOT be tired? He loves climbing on the jumperoo. I mean...like really climbing, and then he cries because he can't get back down. He also climbs on the swing and likes to swing back and forth. I think maybe he is supposed to be a gymnast or a circus person or something.
I looked in his baby book last night to make sure I was keeping up with the milestones. I actually ended up writting some of my own. I know people like to know the cute milestones, but I find the quirky ones funny....like the first time he pooped on me....or the first time his poop really stank, or the first time he bit me, or when he finally stopped breastfeeding. You don't really see those on baby books. I truly want to remember everything because the Lord might not give me another one. I recently did some picture baby books for him online. I found a really good deal and was able to get all three free (just paying shipping). Each one covers photos for three months. I figured might as well do it now that it's sorta fresh in my mind.
I'm not gonna lie...I like the fact that he actually eats people food now. I mean...no more grinding or mashing stuff. I love how he just eats ground beef, and past, and soft veggies and fruit and no longer have to worry about if it's soft enough. If it's not, he will just spit it out....that's how I know. I'm glad that we're past all this "baby" stuff. Seriously, anytime something has the word "baby" in front of it, it's like an excuse to charge like $3 more for it. I would buy Dom the puff snacks for church and came to realize that crackers were just much cheaper. I also used to buy "baby" yogurt. That got old SOOOO fast. You know what baby yogurt is??? whole milk yogurt...which is like $2 for a big old thing in the yogurt aisle. Even with coupons..I was paying like $3 more for a much smaller version of it. I just ended up buying the big one (plain) and just add fruit to it. and baby jar food???? don't even get me started on that. I am not really sure what is in baby food, but I bought Gerber food when we went to FL to avoid any kind of hassle with mashing food for him. I HAVE NEVER SMELLED SUCH A STINKY POOP IN MY LIFE. Oh my gosh! So, babies when they are little...they only drink milk..and poop is not bad...AT ALL. When they start solids...you're like "ok...it's a little stinky but not bad." Once protein (meat) joins the food revolution...you've got a stinker. BUT nothing prepared me for prepared baby food. I don't know what it is....but everytime he pooped it was the most disgusting thing EVER. I mean...I was gagging everytime I changed his diaper. And by this point, he was already like 8 months....so I thought I had already smelled everything. That was the last time I bought prepared baby food. And you know what else? they must really have a lot of food coloring because he stained his diapers pretty bad. I know you're saying..."well tomato sauce will do that". He had eaten pasta before and yes it did color the diapers a bit....(keep in mind..these are cloth diapers)...but with THIS particular food...it was like almost purple stain that was left on them. I'm still trying to sun bleach them to get rid of them nasty stains. So, I'm over the "baby" stuff. The only "baby" thing I buy are wipes...and only cause ALDI has them for way cheap. I mean..I spend a dollar every two weeks. I also bought the baby shampoo there (cause it was fragance free...for Dom's sake) and let me tell you that both are VERY comparable to huggies products or Johnson products. It's amazing how much money these industries make based on our feelings for "oh...i gotta buy my baby the best". Ok...that was my rant...anyways
He loves spicy foods. He really likes buffalo chicken, and pepperjack cheese. I guess it's true what they say...that the baby likes whatever you ate during pregnancy. I remember eating tabasco sauce pretty much everyday...because everything was so bland. But now that I think about it....everything WAS bland. Spencer limit my diet so much while pregnant...it felt like all I ate was tuna and veggies. Every now and then I would eat steak. He got so protective, you would have thought I was giving birth to the heir of some fancy throne, ESPECIALLY after he found out it was a boy. I'm just glad those days are behind us.
Dom now sleeps in the crib like a pro...he didn't even notice that he went from being low to the ground (pack n play) to being higher up (crib). He's so good about stuff like that. He'll go with the flow...like "whatever...as long as you feed me". I think he may also have a high tolerance to pain. He does cry when he gets hurt....but not like he should...he always bonks his head on his grandma's fancy wooden couches and he never cries. I think that's odd, but whatever.
He recently got a mini workshop full of play tools and he loves that. He loves anything new and anything he can put in his mouth. Daddy taught him to roll cars around the carpet and he loves that too. He loves remotes, ipods, phones, and anything that lights up with a touch... if you give him a broken phone...he won't take it. He'll want the one you're using. An idiot...my child is not (yoda voice). I recently made him some noisemakers (with some formula cans and different kids of rice and pasta) and he loves making noise...even when daddy is trying to sleep. And he loves to be chased (he thinks he runs...but he really doesn't).
Oh man! So much has changed in the past month, but can't remember it all. All I know is that he's got four more weeks and he'll be toddler and I can't wait until he learns to read and talk and truly run. We have started reading other books. I want him to know more than just Disney, Baby Einstein or Dr. Seuss. When I was pregnant I bought Aesop's fables. I tried reading that to him last night...no pictures meant it was boring and he lost interest....just like his father. We'll keep trying.
See? I told you he likes books. He'll sit there for like 30 min at a time.
He's ready for Thanksgiving!

No comments:
Post a Comment