Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

November 1, 2012

baby's first halloween

Dom's first halloween was a success. He did so good. He was the Frankenstein Monster, while I was Dr. Frankenstein. I just put on a coat and a name tag. I figured....I gave him life...might as well dress like it.
After decorating the house,we went to the grandparents to go trick or treating. He was a little unsure at the beginning with all the scary decorations...but never cried...just unsure of what to make of it. I've trained him well.  The first couple of houses he didn't know what to do, but afterwards, he was all over it. He knew the bowls had stuff in them, and you were suppose to grab some. He only grabbed one, which was fine. It was more about the experience than the candy. Lets face it, he probably will not eat any of it. But his daddy might. A nice neighbor gave him a glow stick...he was so fascinated by it. And another neighbor gave him a beanie baby, which I thought was really nice- better than candy.
He didn't really walk very much, because he still doesn't have shoes- that's my fault. I'm working on it. He started eating the candy with the wrapper. And so, Dom had his first taste of Hershey's chocolate.
AND today, we went after-halloween shopping and bought so much more stuff for next year. He'll have a blast. I even bought his halloween custome for next year...but that will be a surprise. But we can totally coordinate again, I'm already getting excited about this. Overall, a success.


Now...we got three weeks until Thanksgiving!!!! I already bought  Dom an outfit and he looks pretty cute in it. We only have 43 days until his first birthday...and then....only 55 days until Christmas!!! WOW how time flies...he will no longer be a "baby" but a "toddler". It'll be a bittersweet moment for sure. I already got a head start on his presents. We'll see what else we can get on Black Friday.

No comments: