The first week of February, we had the opportunity of flying to Phoenix to visit his younger brother and family. Spencer feels close to his brother because (so he says) moving from CA to MO in their teenage years took a toll on him, and the fact that him and his brother were put in several classes together (curriculums in CA are different, so the hubs was made to take freshman classes as a sophmore), made him realize that he had a best friend in his brother. Bunch of goofballs they are...
I would never take that away from him, he's happier when he's around him, so I totally get it. If he wanted to live in Phoenix due to a job offer, I would probably let him do it, just for him to be closer to his family.
We left early, supposedly so the baby would sleep on the plane...that never happened. He was a super cranky baby...and I hated every minute of it. He even had his own seat. He's just getting to old and wants to walk everywhere...which is not allowed on a plane. Then, he wanted to eat whatever was on the ground...ah! it was too much for me.
When we arrived, his brother picked us up and took us to his home. We spent the first day just visiting, catching up with them (we had not seen them in a year). We met their little girl and got to see Mandy pregnant for a third time...first little boy is due in May. Everyone is so excited!
They took us to the Phoenix Zoo, Scottsdale (there was a big PGA tournament, but we didn't go), mexican stores, IKEA...and things I can't remember right now. They had time to goof around and go disc golfing, and they made dinner pretty much every night (they grilled some mean burgers).
It was nice to see my baby getting to know more cousins. At first, he was a little taken back. I was glad his cousin J was there to steer him right. He never listens to me, but it was interesting for me to acknowledge, that he actually listened more to someone closer to his age. For example, J was watching something on the laptop and Dom wanted to watch too. Dom is used to touching the laptop and taking the keys out though...he's done it since he was 4 months old. I cannot teach him otherwise..it's like in his genes or something. Something with buttons....must be touched.
Anyways, so he sat down next to J and started watching the laptop. Everytime he would lean over to try to touch the keypad, cousin J would say "no baby no" and he would back off...this happened like 4 times....what I thought was funny...was that Dom was twiddling his thumb in between takes...like he couldn't help himself....he HAD to touch it. He eventually gave up and left the room.
He also learned how to be gentle with his 9 mo old cousin R. She's a sweetheart, and he would stroke her head every chance he got- he likes blond hair.
I picked up R because she was crying and I was so used to my monkey baby (he grabs me with all 4 extremeties) that when I picked her up, she was a limp noodle. She was just all over the place...it was interesting to see the differences. I never really took care of babies...so mine is all I know.
The Phoenix Zoo
The Scottsdale Mall is pretty cool. They got all kinds of NICE stores...they had a louis vuitton, carolina herrera, juicy couture, coach..they even had a windows store (it looked like an apple store, but with the windows logo).
They also had a tesla store inside. If you can own a tesla...you not only have money...you got MONEY. It was interesting to see the car designs inside.
The mexican store in Phoenix. Reminds me of home.
We were only there like 5 days, but they went by really fast. It was time to go, but maybe we'll see each other again soon. We really do enjoy spending time with them. It's too bad that I did not get a pic of the brothers, nor both families.

No comments:
Post a Comment