Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

April 14, 2013

16 Months

This little guy is so much fun! I was so bummed about the first year, but now that I see him growing and learning all kinds of things...it's getting good. By himself, has picked up the fork and spoon to eat. Just one day, I guess, he decided he wanted to eat like a human. He even got some plates and a placemat, so he would have everything needed to look like everyone else.
 

He has also learned to open and close things- like doors. Loves to close doors and if I give him my keys...he'll try to put them in the lock (he can almost reach it)...as if to open it. How cool is that? He understand that locks keep the door closed...and to go outside, he must get the lock to open. I love his little mind! He's also learning the twisting technique- like twisting knobs to open doors and the knobs to change the volume on his stereo and the channel station.
Just a few days ago, he learned how to kiss goodbye. He knows how to wave (he's been doing it for a few months) but only does it when he wants to. I keep teaching him how to kiss but he never repeats it, so it's hard to know if he's actually paying attention. But a few days ago, Spencer said "ok..i'm leaving to go to work". And little dude ran to him and kissed his kness (that's as far as he can reach) and even said "muah" (kissing noise).  We just thought it was the cutest thing ever! It happened so fast, there was no time to get a picture. Hopefully there is a next time, I really need to get that on camera.
Also, he played in the rain for the first time. He was so excited. He was whining to go outside. Our balcony is not very well designed. All the rain and snow get inside anyways, so everything gets wet- kind of annoying. But it finally worked for my advantage. I opened the door and Dom ran and just kept marching in the puddles and just thought it was the coolest thing ever. He wouldn't even come back inside. I had to drag him to take all his wet clothes off and put new ones on him.
It started out pretty slow...so I thought it was safe.
But in a few seconds, it came down hard.
He got soaked! but he loved every minute of it.
 

He throws like a pro- he watches his daddy throw his discs (he discs golfs now) and has copied his technique:
                                                   LOOK AT THAT FORM!!!
He's a boy...easily distracted by bulldozers and airplanes...
 


He has also learned this:
Not sure where he learned it from, but he looks so goofy!
 
He's learning so fast....he's also talking a lot. I have to keep telling him to keep his voice down. He starts normal and then eventually gets to squeals..it's funny , but daddy needs to sleep and he keeps getting up because it's too noisy...oops. BUT with the nice weather coming in, we get to go outside a lot more and leave the dreaded tv alone. He's the only reason I have for leaving the tv...haha..sad but true. He's like his daddy...loving the outdoors! Let's see what else he learns this month....


No comments: