Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

April 30, 2013

Mommy-Son Date

Spencer had the opportunity to meet up with an old childhood friend this past weekend. He lives much closer than he used to and decided to go camping. The hubs met him kind of halfway in the Branson, MO area- the rolling hills, he calls it. He said it was beautiful. If you haven't seen his facebook pics, you should. They're interesting. Not only was it raining the whole time, they did not catch any fish, and were doing wheelies with the buddy's new pick up truck. They said they both loved it. I think it's just nice to get away and not be expected to be home anytime soon. I remember those days....they were nice.
The campsite

So, anyways, while that was going on, the baby and I decided to have a mommy-son date. We stayed up Friday and skyped with my mom (hubs left early pm on Friday and was not coming back until late sat). And baby slept thru the night (he's been doing that a lot lately, maybe....he will change after all) and we got up early Saturday. We had planned to go garage sale-ing but it was raining....BAD. So, instead we went to Kohl's and found some deals. I bought him some sidewalk chalk to start teaching letters and numbers. I also found the tent in the previous post. It's sad...I use to go out shopping for myself...now all I think about is things for him....which really he doesn't need...he's happy with some Rubbermaid containers. We also went to other stores, but mainly just to kill time, since we couldn't do things outside. After that, we grabbed lunch, but decided to take it home, Dom wasn't into it.

Eating Lunch

Eating Dessert- Volcan (a typical Mexican bread that is sweet and has sugar stuff on top-the stuff he's poking)
He must have liked it, because he pretty much ate it all.
 
Then, we spent the rest of the day playing in the balcony and his new tent. He was chased for like 2 hours. By the time he went to bed, he was exhausted and the hubs arrived a couple of hours later. Then off to church we went the next day.


No comments: