In honor of our 6th year anniversary (and because we really needed to go to Nashville), I decided to let Spencer take us camping. We had already bought a tent and an inflatable queen-size mattress.
Spencer was so excited to show me all his camping-man skills. I don't camp...at all. We had to compromise...I needed to take waterless shampoo, a mattress, and a pack n play. I don't believe in "roughing it"...I don't get an extra medal for it.
 |
| Daddy setting up the tent. |
 |
| The campsite...the car was to the right. |
 |
| Getting darker... |
 |
The set up: Mom and Dad to the left
Baby to the right (the pack n play is not set up yet) |
 |
| baby loved the hammock |
 |
| We saw deer... |
It was definitely an adventure....Dom couldn't stay in the tent for the life of him...everything was just so fascinating...even the caterpillars and spiders. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack every 5minutes...he kept picking up stuff I wasn't sure was poisonous...including plants. Daddy was too worried about keeping the fire going to notice anything the baby was doing. The site was quite nice- they had showers and bathrooms were right across from us. Didn't use the showers, but the bathrooms were nice. In times like these, I envied Dom and his diapers...must be nice to not have to worry where you're gonna go...you just do.
The next morning I decided to pack everything in the car (except the tent). Spencer thought I was nuts, but we had a busy day. We had to look for Vanderbilt U and we also had an appointment with a couple of apartment complexes and we needed to be out of the camping site by 2pm...I thought maybe we were pushing it. It was a good thing too, because when we came back at 1pm to pick up the tent, it was raining something terrible. We both got soaked trying to put the tent in the tiny bag they give you. I finally got a big trash bag and put it in there...I didn't even want to roll it...everything and everyone was getting wet. Dom stayed in the car and managed to lock himself in while exploring...good thing daddy had the keys with him.
We finally found a place to live. It's so weird...it's like...actually happening. I knew we were moving but it didn't become real until now. The apartments we chose are real nice. The assistant manager is a really nice person...which quite honestly is hard to find these days....to most, you're just a number...she managed to memorize our names and even let us sign the lease to guarantee the apartment we actually saw. It will have vinyl flooring in the eating area and carpet in the bedrooms. I'm actually excited, because I'm sick and tired of cleaning carpets under baby's eating chair. Floor will be SO much easier to sweep and clean. And it's on the first floor...couldn't thanked her enough and luckily...will overlook the playground. The price is the same as it is here, so no worries. And best of all...they have washer and dryer. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have one, especially with cloth diapers. We were so lucky to be able to find someone that was willing to work with us regarding the whole income situation. We actually wanted to live in Bellevue. Everyone kept talking about how nice it was over there (with families and such), but we came to realize that no one was willing to work with us on the income issue. So, I'm not sure what small families going to school do in that area. They must work as well, because no one wants to rent you an apt if no one is working.
So, it's finally really happening...We're moving...to Nashville...in July. I have a whole wall full of boxes full of stuff....and that's not even half our stuff. But at least now I know, all our stuff will fit, making me sleep better at night. Here I thought I was going to have to let go of some things. But you know what? I believe everything will be okay. I know I took everything for granted here...I hardly visited family thinking I would be here longer than I thought. Now, I'm moving to a place where no family lives, and I'm a bit scared. But I know with Spencer by my side, I'll be okay....and this is how we spent our anniversary. It's crazy to think so much time has passed. To me, it seems I got married last year. I'm so glad I married my best friend to walk beside me and hold my hand. Here's to hoping for many more years together and to new adventures! As the Muppets say "Life is a Happy Song...when there's someone by your side to sing along".
 |
| Vanderbilt Medical Center...too rainy for pics |
No comments:
Post a Comment