Finally, it is time for him to meet new kids and sit in nursery. I think we'll try it this Sunday but not sure if we will stay for the whole time. After all, it is a big step...and it interferes with nap time. why does church have to be in the afternoon? They should just pack everyone in at one time and just get it over with.
Recently, Dom has had 3 allergic reactions to what we believe might be cream. Months ago, he tested positive for milk allergy, but didn't really do anything about it. They thought this was triggering his eczema. My gut instinct tells me otherwise. Either way, the eczema only comes in the winter, and he drinks milk all year round...doesn't add up for me. Coconut oil usually helps keep in check-highly recommended. Three weeks ago, he ate some Alfredo sauce (I mean maybe like 2 mouthfuls) and threw it up immediately- all of it. Then the bumps appeared:
| You can barely see it in his face and chest...see the red? |
Anyways, the next day, I gave him buttered bread (real butter with olive oil and sea salt) and his face and neck got a rash again. Again...gave him some advil. This time, it wasn't as bad....you could barely see it. I think it might have been the receptors in his skin (or whatever) were still shocked from last time, so the little cream that was in the butter, was enough to give another outburst. pretty scientific huh?...I'm just guessing, because it was the next day....you're suppose to wait several days to give him the same thing to see if the reaction is the same.
Then, a week ago, he ate some sour cream with his fingers, and he rubbed his eye, and it swelled up. and the bumps resurfaced. BUMMER...again...advil to the rescue. We have not had an incident since then. So I'm thinking....cream? Maybe some raw ingredient in cream because ice cream is fine for him to eat along with cheese, milk and yogurt. Doctor recommended to keep him away from buttermilk, aged cheeses, and cream cheese. Interestingly enough, I don't think he has had any of these things. He had frosting on his birthday, and I don't remember a reaction.
Anyways, the past couple of months (since the weather has been hot) we have been going to the park. Mainly to keep him entertained, and for him to socialize. He loves it. He loves to people watch and being close to kids... but not interacting. He loves the swing for like 10 seconds then asks to come down....then he'll do the rock climbing thing and try to come down as if it were a slide.
| The adventurous one in the family |
Spencer, a science man, makes fun of me, because this reasoning makes no sense to him...."so you're saying that getting into cold water will give you a cold?" YES! but not in that sense... I learned in physics class that rapid changes in temperature changes physical properties in materials, so wouldn't it make sense that it does it to humans too? I truly believe that rapid changes in temperature makes us more susceptible to viruses for sure. Our bodies get distorted in some way, and that allows the virus to easily do its damage. I know medical background people will never believe this, but I'm old school. Get over it.
| THIS is how we do nap time these days. I'm not gonna lie...I'm so jealous he's so darn flexible. |
He loves to push his cars around and even makes the "vroom" noise. I don't know where he got that from...but it's almost like it was instinct. It was so cute, the first time I heard it. He knocks on doors (not sure who taught him that one cause we never knock)...he did it to the neighbor's door recently and the dog went crazy....he avoids that door now. OH and he loves stairs. He's starting to come down them like a normal person, which makes me nervous. He used to go belly down and kind of slide down...nope...his legs are long enough to actually step down now.
So, basically, he likes to keep me on my toes....and keeps my heart on my sleeve. Crazy kid. He doesn't cry when he gets shots, or gets run over. He doesn't get mad when people push him or cut in front of him. Overall, he's got a good temper. But when he's home, and he's doing puzzles and can't quite get them....he'll get really stiff and fall back. It's so funny.
| Puzzle time. got this one for $4. what a steal. The wipes container keeps all the milk jug tops and we practice counting everyday. I know...so ghetto, but he loves it. |
Loves computers that work.
|
He has also learned how to get up and sit down on regular chairs and he constantly surprises me by touching the laptop. I'm not sure if it will make it to TN for Daddy to use at school, since Dom abuses it so much. Oh well! He's only a kid once. And he loves it. He's so smart....that white keyboard (in the picture) is not cool, because it does not have a screen nor does it work. The laptop actually moves and makes noises when I press buttons. He obviously needs his own tablet. I saw a "baby" tablet in a store today for $90!!! Seriously? people buy that stuff? It is suppose to go from 12 months all the way to 9 years. Maybe those people have a child like mine. I don't know, $90 is starting to sound good...compared to a $400 laptop. Maybe for Christmas......

No comments:
Post a Comment