Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

June 17, 2013

Father's Day

Oh how wonderful life is...now that you're in the world....a little Elton John for you this lovely afternoon. My husband is a good father. I know it can't be easy to work 40hrs a week and come home and try to "socialize" with us. I use to work as hard as he does now, when I was putting him through school...so I know that after 8 (12 in his case) plus hours of working...it's hard to come home and "talk". Most of the time he goes straight to bed...and I don't see him until dinner time. My husband works the night shift (7pm to 7am). Sucky I know....but it pays a lot better than working day shift and there are far less people to deal with, so he likes it. And after several years of doing this, he had decided that the night shift is no longer for him....he would like to spend time with us during the day time. That is why we're moving to TN...so he can pursue his masters in Nursing and hopefully work an 8 to 5 job....hoping anyways.
 
This Sunday we celebrated him for being an awesome dad.
 
I got him a Nerf water gun because it is now summer. I also got him some water balloons that we could share and have a water balloon fight...hopefully before we leave. I think baby would like that. I also gave him a bag of peanut M&Ms with the inscription "to our sweet and nutty daddy". He is pretty nutty, and that is why we love him very much. The baby got a kick out of the water gun. We played in the balcony. I splashed him and he just laughed and laughed...it was so funny. Until we ran out...then he whined and whined...
Daddy also got a brand new wallet, because his fell in the toilet at work...I know gross!...he was telling me the story while I was holding it too. And I also made him a simple card that said "someone needs a spankin'....for being an awesome daddy". I decided to be a little frisky this year. We are NOT a formal family...haha
Later that night, we went to his parents' house for a bbq. There was steak, fish, potato salad, and cherry pie. DELICIOUS.
Opening presents

It was nice to celebrate with family....probably for the last time.This year, since Dad Coffey didn't really ask for anything (does he ever????) I decided to get a bit crafty:


He received black licorice, a nice card, and a picture of him and Mom with the Proclamation to the World printed on top of the picture. I just wanted to do something small, since they are not really putting anything on the walls anymore. Something that would....just go in a nightstand or something.
 
 I was not able to be with MY father this year, but I did make him a card and I sent him a lot of baby's pictures and videos, and I was able to wish him a good day over the phone that day. That's really all he asked for. I am truly grateful for having my Dad in my life. He taught me everything I know- good and bad. He even helped with my homework all the way to college graduation.  Now that I have my own little family, it seems that we are closer than ever. We joke about everything and talk about everything. He's such a great example in my life and I don't know if the Lord could have done any better. My dad always says "What would a father NOT do for his children?" and it's so true. He did everything we asked of him, and that's what makes him so great.
 

No comments: