Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

July 26, 2013

19 Months

HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN??? I totally missed Dom's 19th month celebration. What a terrible parent I am. With the move, and packing, and stressing about everything....it completely skipped my mind.
Dom keeps growing...such a cutie. He's such a cuddler. Mornings are a time to cuddle, and also when it is time to start getting ready for bed. He LOVES attention...he's more like his daddy in that way. He comes up to me and almost like a kitten...starts rubbing his body against me...obviously this would not be cute if he was like 15...but at 19monts...yeah, it's pretty cute. Or he'll come up and rest his head on my shoulder.
He eats just about everything- we're still working on meat. Chicken is okay as long as it's pulverized (kinda like in nuggets). He's working on all 4 canines (no wonder he was cranky for a while)...and they look amazing. All 4 small molars are there, so the only ones needed are the 4 back molars and we're done. He's such a trooper. He really wasn't that annoyed by teething. He may have woken up once during the night....but nothing a syringe of Advil couldn't fix. He still eats awesome and hardly complains about them. I really got lucky with this one. I'm not a patient woman, so I am not sure what would I have done had I gotten a whiner with no tolerance to pain. He also sleeps 9pm to 9am. Apparently, he's like his momma- NOT a morning person. Yeah, that's pretty great too. It's nice to finally get to sleep at midnight and still get a good night's rest.  He finally learned that Mommy is not very pleasant if she doesn't sleep.
He really enjoyed Uncle J's bird book. He carried it everywhere that day.
And he loved looking at the pictures.
The word of the month has been "CAR". EVERYTHING is a car- planes, trains, tires, scooters, and even desks (anything that has something resembling a tire or wheel is a car to him). I keep trying to correct him,  but to no avail. He doesn't care- it's a car.
We have officially moved into a new apartment- and he loves it! New things to see and boxes to unpack and find toys he hadn't seen a while is all very exciting for him. Right outside our apartment is a small playground and the floor is made up of shredded tires. HE LOVES IT. He loves to run downhill to it and then grab as much of that stuff as possible and then throw it as high as he can. Then, he'll come up to me, and cup my hands, place some of that tire stuff on my hands and tell me to toss it in the air with him. What a goob!



He actually already made a friend. Our neighbor upstairs has a 11mo old boy. He doesn't walk yet, but that doesn't bother Dom, he's just as fast when it comes to crawling.
Recently, I have also found Dom tip-toeing. I'm not sure why...but he's done quite a few times. It's actually quite silly to witness it.  He no longer can wear 18-mo old clothes, he's moving up to the 2T. I'm actually more excited about this one...cause now, I can buy yearly clothes...I've been waiting for this since he was born. I didn't like buying clothes every 3 months, or every 6months. This is going to be great.
Moving in!

No comments: