How sad...My husband and I have lived in this apartment for 3+ years. This is the longest we've been in one apartment. Our child was born here (well...not HERE...but you know what I mean)...he grew up here...this is all he knows. But now...it's time to move on. I have to admit that I am VERY scared and a bit sentimental, but at the same time....a little excited. Excited...because our lives are moving in a totally new direction. The hubby will go back to school. The school he chose shrinks down a 2.5yr program into one year...sounds painful, but will be better for him in the long run. And it's for the best...for all of us. We don't want to live in an apartment anymore. We're looking forward to finally settling down somewhere for good after school is done. I think we're ready to accept more responsibility and get a house....dress it up...do the landscape. I have been itching to do a mini garden (and get some chickens) for the past 5 years, but been unable to...except maybe a couple of herbs here and there.
As I take everything down...I realized how "home-y" I finally made our apartment look. Now...it's just white walls, patched up holes and all, and just plain boring. Even when we leave to run errands, and come back....it smells like....apartment. GROSS. We're living out of boxes now. 98% of everything we have is already packed away...except everyday essentials....like the roku and tv...haha. HEY...I got priorities okay??? My blu ray is out too and I have my hard drive attached to it. We gotta watch some movies, otherwise, we'll go nuts. All the movies are packed and quite honestly, I don't even remember what movies I have....sad. My dad was kind enough to put some movies in my external hard drive....and I got lucky to have a blu ray with a usb drive....making it THAT much easier to NOT buy more movies....I have discovered that we just buy too much stuff. No more little boxes for us.
I actually did good this month, and used some coupons to stock on some items. I seriously have like 20 shampoos (less than $1 a piece), and some soap (20 cents a piece), toothpastes, toothbrushes, baby shampoo (all dollar items). This week, Target will run a baby sale with 2 baby wipes (56-64ct) for $3- and with all kinds of coupons floating around...you can get some as low as 50 cents a piece...no lie. I'm stocking up on those as well. How often do you see baby wipes (huggies and pampers) on sale for 50 cents? or even a dollar??? yeah...never. Not even Wal-Mart goes down that low. One of the many reasons I will always pick Target over them. Anyways, I ended finding some coupons at the library making the stuff that much cheaper and maybe be worth to haul to the new place. What if I can't find coupons over there? Then I would have to pay full price...that would be sad. Too bad that now that I got the hang of it.....we're moving and might not even have access to coupons.
A new adventure awaits us...in Nashville. We hope to experience the city and what it has to offer....but we all know how hard that is with a student budget...so we'll make the most of it. So, this is what growing up feels like....stay tuned for part 2...

No comments:
Post a Comment