This day was actually special to us this year. Daddy actually got 3 days off...so this was our 4th of July weekend. We're not really sure what the next year will hold for us, so we had to make it special this year. Dom was actually old enough to enjoy fireworks, so I was a little excited but nervous about that.
 |
| Spending time at the pool |
 |
| Getting ready for the parade with his July 4th outfit. |
 |
Daddy's work was in the Parade. The lady in the back (tall, blue shirt, colored hair) actually took care of Dominic when they were taking his blood for his allergy panel last year.
|
After the parade, we went to lunch with Aunt KJ. We believe this to be our last 4th of July with her, so we decided to spend it together as much as possible. KJ had to work at 2pm, so she had to leave after that. We came home and baby and Mommy took a much needed nap and got recharged for the afternoon activities. We ate dinner at Nana's house (steaks and corn-on-the-cob) and it was yummy! And later, headed off to downtown St Charles to see the booths. This year's was not as cool as last year's. Unfortunately, the booths opened at 5pm and it was only food. I used to like walking through them and seeing the crafts and things....and it was just too busy. I think the place where they placed the booths was just not a good place....there was not a good place to form lines for food, so it was just a very crowded place. We made our way to a little hill where we could see the fireworks.
 |
| Getting ready for the show. Baby got some glow sticks. |
 |
| That's aunt KJ's leg on the left- she took the pic....and Dom was not interested. |
 |
| As loud as they were, Dom was more interested in SpongeBob episode on the IPOD than the massive fireworks in front of him. |
 |
| GRAND FINALE |
I was so nervous that Dom was not going to like the fireworks because of the noise. I remember a couple of years ago, I was pregnant and sat next to a few kids, and as soon as the show started, they all started crying...and it was a bit annoying. So, I made a mental note: no kids at the fireworks show. So we skipped last year (baby was only 6mo old), and Daddy did not ask the day off, so I just spent it home with baby. I thought this year would be better for him, but he just did not care for the fireworks, but he loved the parade. Why must I have a weird child??? just kidding...I love my little buddy.

May we remember that freedom is not free nor easy to achieve. While we celebrated our independence and freedom, Egypt was losing its democracy.....so be grateful for the opportunity to live in a country where the government helps the poor, and where we have freedom of speech and freedom to vote....and our voices can be heard. Think about this....there must be a reason why so many people want to live here....it must be a much better county than the one they left, even if that means living here illegally. Don't take it for granted...and be grateful for every day the Lord gives you, for we know not if we will be here tomorrow.
HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GOOD 4th of JULY!
No comments:
Post a Comment