Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

September 13, 2013

21 Months

I do these monthly updates to remind me of how smart and how fast kids grow. I only have one and I have been so blessed to be part of his life. While there are no plans to add to our little family anytime soon, I love watching him grow and see how smart he is.
He turned 21 months today, and from last time, he has learned four new words: "right", "there", "ow", and "what?". He's so goofy. Every time I ask him where his car is, he'll point to it and say "right there" and it's so clear....it's so amazing...the gift of tongue. We don't really think about how hard it is to talk because we just do it all the time. But watching him struggle, reminds me that this is hard. It reminds me when we moved to the US and I had to learn English. Don't get me wrong...I knew English because I was in private school and our books were in English...but seriously...do you remember everything you learned in Spanish class in high school? Yeah, it was sort of like that. You never truly know a language until you are actually forced to speak it 24/7.
 He won't just say words. If he can't figure out a way to say them right, he just won't say them. We've spent the last couple of months watching sesame street and working on a couple sets of flashcards to make it easier on him. And in 2 months' time...we got 5 words. I can tell language is not going to be his thing, but I know if we keep trying at it, eventually we will get there.  He's also got all 4 canines out and is now working on his last 4 big molars...yay!


This past month, I have noticed that he can hold his #1 really good....up to 3 hours. So, now we have bought a potty seat and I let him play with it and hopefully get him comfortable enough to soon try to go in it. He got the idea right away. He's been watching and loves to pull the potty lever (the real one) every time mommy forgets to close the door correctly.

Got the idea right away...booger.
 
Another go at it. I have no idea where he got this idea from...nobody reads OR uses the laptop while going to the restroom.

 He has also figured out how to open doors. The lever doors are easy, but still working on the round knobs...but he's super close. He's a super runner. We went to the clinic not too long ago, and he was opening all kinds of doors (and going inside and interrupting other kid's appointments) and he was running back and forth thru the hallways, he was just crazy. He cannot sit still for the life of him, but he's still a good kid. He just needs someone or something to keep up with him. He loves nursery and loves having older kids to play with, especially since he can keep up. 


Playing with Daddy
This is how we do weekends in our house. Everyone's got their own device.

 
My parents made a 10 hour trip to visit us this past week. It was amazing! Dom didn't know what to do with all the attention that was being given to him. He loved Guelita's cooking, Guelito's cool gadgets and car.
His car is SOOOO cool.
Dom and I have been battling what I thought was the flu. But then on their last day here, my dad got sick and had to go to Urgent Care. The doctor there told him that the trees here carry some kind of pollen or bacteria that affects humans not used to it- ALLERGIES. So , for the past couple of months we have tried everything- Claritin, Allegra, Mucinex....and something works on some days, and some other things work on other days...its frustrating. I am glad to say that we are finally past it. Dom finally woke up with NO runny nose and I didn't wake up with an itchy throat.  My poor dad had to have antibiotics and he got to drive 10 hours back to their hometown. I love when we spend time together, so much to catch up on. Hopefully we will be able to visit them during the Christmas break...we'll see.

No comments: