Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

January 2, 2014

Christmas 2013: A Homecoming...

This year, my husband actually suggested that we make the 10hr drive to OK to visit my family. I felt bad saying yes, because this is really his only break, and to spend it with my parents...is less than ideal for him....but who am I to say no???haha
So, we did. We left the day after finals....after the HUBS aced them all (spencer 1: finals 0) at 1am....yeah, that early. we figured it was the only way to keep the baby to actually SIT most of the time....and it worked. He slept thru the day, and drove at night. The kiddo woke up around 9am...by then we only had a couple of hours left. We got to see Memphis, in the dark....and Little Rock...in the dark, and Russellville, in the dark....it was quite amazing...so I fell asleep too. Once we passed Little Rock, I took over and might have gone a bit over the limit...and surprised my mom and brother by lunch....boy, were they surprised.
He woke up at 1am and took about an hour for him to
 fall asleep again.
had to keep him entertained the last 2 hours
mommy driving the last leg of the trip
Daddy taking pics...you can see baby
got out of his seat.
We spent a little over two weeks with them, and it was a blast. The first Christmas at my parents' house (former home) in the last 4 years....it was practically a homecoming. It was weird going by my old high school, and the shops that I used to go too, even driving by old workplaces....
We were all spoiled rotten...we were able to go to restaurants, and stores, and take us around. It was too much...but well appreciated. It was really good to see family again. And oddly enough....2 weeks just wasn't enough...it went by way too fast....

The weather was crazy. some days it would be 50 degrees, and we would play outside in the backyard...and other days it was 25 degrees, and we were forced to stay inside. Spencer decided to visit his AZ brother right before the holiday, and that one weekend it iced over. It was icy for like 3 days. It was a shock to him to come from AZ to OK (24 degree weather and icicles)
Daddy taking care of Dominic


The men taking care of Dominic

Overall, it was good. It was nice to be able to talk to my brother (who is on a mission in UT) and see him during Christmas....he hasn't changed a bit. Good time...good time. Only 6 more months little bro....chump change of time. It's so good to see that he's doing so well. I also saw my former Sunday school teacher, and YM and YW presidents.....it's so crazy. I still feel like I'm 17 years old. Time does fly by, even we think it isn't'.
On Christmas morning, Santa came and brought us all really nice presents...I guess we were EXTRA good this year....

Baby (Christmas Morning)



LOVED IT
 
Daddy was good this year....
Mommy was even BETTER....you can see
Dom already counting the cartridges on the side...
His idea of a drive-in
It was a good Christmas. When I got married, Christmas got a little dull, we all knew what we were getting. BUT now, having kids, it totally brings back that feeling of being a kid again. It's so fun to watch them open gifts and be excited. I think that's what makes me the most happy on that day. He rode that car everywhere. He would even try to bring it up on the bed to sleep with....true story.
A couple of days afterwards, we were able to go to the neighborhood park and he had a blast:
Never been a fan of the swing...EVER

Loved the tunnel

Look Mom!! I've never seen rocks before...

I'm really not sure what's going on here...

he LOVED this thing...it just goes round and round...
 Sorry we don't do annual photo cards or our year-in-review...we're just not that interesting...haha. I figured since I write on the blog, there really is no need to do that. Maybe when we grow up and do grown-up things we'll start doing annual Christmas letters.....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
 
 


No comments: