New Years...was just us three...simple and nice. We whipped out the nice china and had a nice dinner. Dom had to go to the doctor earlier that day, and we did not come back until really 5pm (he didn't nap so we could make the appointment)...so I had to hurry and whip up the dinner. We had some nice pork and some sides....nothing super fancy...we've got some picky palettes here...usually me and the baby. Then, Dom crashed around 8pm (early for him) and we waited for the midnight fireworks. Spencer gave up around 11pm.....I stayed up, because I can't sleep these days. And people kept texting me happy new years....but mostly because I can't sleep before 2 am.
| Our nice set up....with the little amount of time I had |
Dom hasn't really eaten very much in the past 3 weeks. The NP said it was totally normal for toddlers to become picky at this age...who knows? sometimes tuna is good today, but not tomorrow. Or...yesterday yogurt was fine, but not today...Pork, apples, cereal...is pretty consistent....so that's been his diet for a while. So, I figured since he's not really eating a lot...we're getting rid of junk food. I can't have my only child be addicted to junk food...and he'll ask for it too. I stopped buying cookies, and candy, and cakes....all done with that....and dare I say it...started looking at the labels (DUM DUM DUM)...
The pasta that we eat either has omega 3s or is whole wheat, or includes a serving of veggies...I figured, if this is all he eats, we might as well kill two birds with one stone...and it got me thinking.
Dom is the reason I started to eat healthy....maybe that should be my resolution. Really start to eat healthy. who needs the candy or cookies? they provide no nutritional value to any of us, and what's worse....come to find out...sugar is what makes you fat...not fat itself. We've got an uphill battle ahead of us, but I'm willing to stick to it. If I'm not going to exercise, I can definitely make smarter choice about what I eat. Dominic has even shown more interest in cereals with oats and granola...go figure.
I really do plan to exercise...and to be nicer. It seems these days I'm too cranky and over stressed....maybe I need to do yoga again....whatever the new year brings...good or bad, I really need to just breathe through it...I am not sure why I always have to act like the sky is falling. So, that one that's at the top of the list....along with eating healthy...and the hubs is just to graduate so we can get out of here...AMEN.

No comments:
Post a Comment