Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

February 18, 2014

Valentines Day 2014.....in TRUE Coffey Fashion

This is actually our 8th Valentines Day together...crazy huh? I remember our 1st Vday together...Spencer had moved to OKC to be close to me and decided to be cute and take me out to dinner...Red Robin (yep..still remember). On the way there (it was icy) we slipped, hit another truck downhill, which led us to hitting a tree. Spencer was so afraid (and mad)...he was even more mad when I told him that I wasn't wearing my seatbelt....lesson learned. Good times...Good times. The other person actually admitted fault and Spencer's little black chevy S10 was fixed without him paying a dime. I also remember that he gave me a BIG heart that opened..and he put a lot of candy in there...along with "coupons". I still have it.



Fast forward 7 years....and here we are. Spencer decided that this year he was going to take me out without the baby. He asked me to find a babysitter and he would do the rest. To be honest...we just moved here, AND I have a hard time trusting people...so who was I gonna get? I was really nervous about this...

I am the 2nd counselor in the Young Women at church, and I also teach the beehives (we don't really have a lot of people in the ward)....and Dom was brought to the nursery last week because he had a dirty diaper, so they left him with me. He bonded with this cute girl- S. She's a sweetheart and she really enjoys him. I asked her and her mom if she would be willing to babysit for a couple of hours on Friday for me...and both agreed.

Spencer had class that day and he usually gets home around noon, but this time...he was late....like a hour. And he showed up like this:
see the grater in his hand? HAHA

Spencer always listens. I had just complained about how much our grater sucks, so he went ahead and got me a new one, haha. He also showed up with balloons...and Dom was in love. He loved them so much, he kept squealing like a little girl....I have never heard such sounds from him before.

I picked S up at her home around 5pm, brought her back, put out food and snacks for both of them (and the ipad...in case things didn't go so well). I was really more afraid for her, than Dom. It was really her first time by herself...and Dom's first time without either mom or dad at home.
 I left my phone with her and told her about all the numbers on the phone, including her moms, should something go wrong. I also told her to text me about ANYTHING if she wanted...can you tell I was nervous??? Spencer is such a man...he would say "you have to let him be more independent...he's a boy!" and I would think "It took me like 9 months to like him, now you want to take him away??"

We arrived at our destination, craving the wonderful steaks we would get. Bad thing? they did not take reservations...see where I am going with this? The hostess told us it would be at least 75 minute wait. Well, I wasn't going to wait that long- so we ordered to go. Still, it took them about 25 minutes to bring us our food. When we finally got it...we had a big dilemma- where to eat it???

In true Coffey goofy fashion...we ate it in the mini cooper!!! AND OH...it smelled wonderful....even the windows fogged up. So, here we were, in the parking lot, eating steak, ribs and chicken, with the windows fogged up....yep....that's us for ya. And it was DIVINE...I love their steaks....worth the 25 minute wait...but 75minutes? I don't know about that.


After eating for about 30 minutes, we packed up what we had left and we drove back home. I took S home back to her family and we had the rest of the night with Dom....everyone wins.
Decorations around the house
Our love story
Sometimes....Valentines Day are romantic...sometimes they're funny.....either way, make it a good one!

1 comment:

Mandy Coffey said...

YOU DID IT!!! YOU LEFT DOM WITH SOMEONE NON FAMILY!!!! ...... how do you feel? how did it go?


I'm not gonna lie... I'm jealous of your little V Day adventure....