Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

February 12, 2014

26 Months


Hallelujah!!! We finally got the two big molars on top to poke through...that only took about 4 months. We're still waiting for the rest of them, AND the bottom two...then we're done...he'll have all baby teeth.

He's a doll, he always reminds me to wash his hands and to brush his teeth right before bed. He'll take a sippy cup half full of milk and he'll gently place his blankie on top of his belly....EVERY time. I am not sure where that came from, but it has definitely become a habit. He wakes up around 8am but wakes up around midnight due to molar pain (I guess)...so I feel like I didn't sleep enough. So we'll go out into the living room, he'll watch Peg and Cat (on pbs) and I'll snooze probably until elmo shows up...oops.

It's been cold this past month, so we really don't go outside, unless we gotta go get food. Dom lets me know when I open the fridge for him and he signs "all gone" with his hands....so, yeah. If he knows food is "all gone" you know we gotta go shopping.  He's an interesting shopping buddy. You always hear people complain about how they can't get their toddlers to sit down in the cart, while they go shopping. Can't say I can join them, because I don't remember Dom EVER sitting down. So, my life has been pretty hectic since day 1. My mom was reminding me last night about how she remembers when we brought Dom home from the hospital (he was only 3 days old) and everytime I would put him in the car seat, he would stretch his neck out...trying to get out of it....LOL...true story. My dad would tell him to sit down...because he would understand....haha. He had amazing neck control for a 3 day old, and that hasn't changed....he's active as any little boy...maybe a bit more...

ANATOMY OF A SHOPPING DAY WITH DOMINIC:
We get there, he picks the car-
sometimes red, sometimes blue
5 minutes in...there's a lot of this
and this...

sometimes, he runs away and I chase him...
and he ends up back in like this.

Then he comes out again...

And this is as close as he's going to get back in- so
the rest of the trip he runs and walks...and I hurry
We finally check out, get all the groceries in the car,
and he does this.....LAME. I wake him up when we get
home, but he manages to take a power nap EVERYTIME.

Let's see....other accomplishments this month...
In the process of mastering Mr. T with #2- #1 is just too
fast for us. We'll get there.
 
Finding our that his smart car is not only for driving.
 
He was doing this "power to the people" hand thing
and then jumping off.
 
Likes driving in the dark
Has finally realized that staying put is not so bad....
It was a good month....he's more independent. He likes to take my hand and take me to the kitchen so he can show me what he wants to eat...most of the time it's bananas and apples...because that's all I put out on the counter...but every now and then, he remembers there might be some Milano's in the cupboard somewhere...but we reserve those for potty achievements. I did buy him some Mexican cookies though. He is also getting better at pretend playing. I got him a little people barn at good will with the little animals....and he's getting the hang of it. He likes to move them around and even tries to imitate the sounds of the animals. I also found a play kitchen that someone was giving away. I'm in the process of cleaning it thoroughly since it was an outdoor plaything, so it's sitting next to our real kitchen for now.....I haven't decided if I take it apart...should I should spray paint it another color (not a fan of the purple) OR if I should just give it to our church nursery....Dom seems to like it though. He loves putting things in the microwave (specifically cars) and likes to punch the numbers....and he likes to feed his big car too...since he has a mouth...he's gotta eat right? Kids are so goofy...I totally enjoy watching him play. Truth be told, I'm kinda loving this little kitchen...reminds me of mine when I was little. I feel if I had a pretend cash register and a play house....I...I mean Dom, would be in heaven...

1 comment:

Mandy Coffey said...

my parents tried spray painting a little tikes play house (with the spray paint specifically for outdoor plastic, even has a play house image on the can) and not only was it a pain in the butt to take apart but it was super hard to get an even paint... AND one month into it, it already started chipping off.
So i vote, don't paint it. If anything, leave it in the sun this summer and spray it occasionally with diluted bleach to fade the purple.
And I say keep it! It's ok for boys to like kitchen and cooking!!!! Buy some fake food, or better yet, just give him empty boxes from your kitchen. Glue it back together. It will fall apart easily but you can always replace it with the next meal. Or laminate it.