Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

March 12, 2014

Our February Misadventure

Spencer was watching the local news and they were giving awards to the best food in town. He overheard the winner for the best burger....they are located just south of Franklin, TN (that happens to be the most expensive part of town, and where the temple happens to be located).

He decided to take us over the weekend, so we could go taste some good burgers. It took us about 30 min to get to Franklin.....but then, you gotta go south...like another 30min. By that time, the nice part of town was behind us and we were in the middle of cow county. It was a cold Saturday afternoon, and the traffic was starting to stack up...and we were running out of gas. Neither one of us bothered to check the gas gage before leaving. We started to look around for a gas station, but nothing was seen.

icicles on the side of the road...never seen this before
Luckily, I had my GPS with me, and it was able to locate a gas station for me- on main street of the nearest town. It was out of our way, but at this point, we had no choice. It took us a while to find it, and by then the little gas light was blinking...yikes!
We made it just in time....I really don't know what I would have done if we hadn't found it in time. Somebody was really watching over us.
Once we were up and running, Dom decided he would not sit down anymore, so since the highway part was over, he was able to walk around the back of the car. On the way to the burger place, we came across really nice farms...with lots of space and some of them even had their own butchering place. This was hopefully a sign, that our burgers were going to be made out of real fresh meat.
it was a cold day
We finally found it, and we came to find out that it was in the middle of nowhere.....right by a small shopping area right next to the railroad tracks in the middle of main street.....but a really small one. People in there were definitely country folk. We sat down and ordered.
they had a goldfish pond
waiting for our food
taking turns with the soda
After about 20 minutes, our food arrived...good thing cause Dom was getting super antsy and annoying. The joys of traveling with a toddler....
The burger was pretty good...better than most I have tasted. The meat tasted different. Spencer says it had sausage...I beg to differ. I think the meat was fresh and it had more flavor. It only took us about 30min to finish eating...then as we were about to check out...we noticed that they did not have any credit card stickers on the entrance door....
I asked the cashier if they took credit, and she said with a smile "no"...WHAT???? People still carry cash these days??? Lucky for us, I had taken some money out of the ATM because I was actually planning on paying the babysitter for Dom on Vday, but apparently Spencer did it too. So, he used his cash, and I still had mine.....phew! Again...someone was watching out for us...cause I'm not even sure there was a bank nearby...or that it was open. I mean surely, there was an ATM somewhere....but who knows? This place was definitely still stuck in the early 1900s.

one last shot before we left
I was barely able to pay the cashier...I had to look in my purse for coins and stuff....we finally decided to drive back....another hour. Dom luckily fell asleep and the ride back was quiet. Since I had never been to Franklin, I asked Spencer to take us to go see the temple, which I have never seen either. I know it's a small one and its next to the Franklin Stake Center.
almost there....
It wasn't hard to find at all....the stake center and the temple share the parking lot, so it was easy to get in. There must have been something going on, because the parking lot was kinda full and lots of girls were coming out (volleyball tournament perhaps?) I asked Spencer to let me out so I could take a good pic...



 I just assumed that since Nashville has a ton of people, that would reflect the size of the temple. It's so tiny....but pretty nonetheless. I guess good things come in small packages.

So, there you have it, our misadventures in Nashville.

No comments: