Suddenly, it got cold and kept forgetting to bring them inside and they dried up. I should have done more research...but I didn't. I dumped the dead onions and the dirt all over my back balcony into the earth below, never thinking twice about it...I had given up gardening...
This morning, I took Dom out to exercise a bit....and lo and behold I came to a welcoming sight...
![]() |
| I had to point them out between all the weeds growing out there... |
![]() |
| Closer look... |
| Right below my balcony.... |
I immediately called my husband and told him I had found my onions on the lot behind us and he kept telling me there was no way...those were probably already there even before we moved...but I beg to differ. I pulled some out and the onions are tiny....they have not been here long at all...and what a coincidence that it's the same kind of onions....and they're all OVER the place....they're not stuck to just one spot.....
So, moral of the story...don't throw away your old dried up veggies...you never know when they will spring back again....and do your homework...look up what the heck you're growing....
| I had to bring some back to the pot....just in case they mow... I will never be able to find them again. |



1 comment:
I love green onions in stir fry dishes. You will have plenty of good food this spring with those onions.
Post a Comment