Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

April 13, 2014

28 months

Dom is getting taller....pants are starting to be small on him....lengthwise anyways. He has also worn most of the knees out...I gotta go buy something to cover up those holes.
We have finally moved up a snap on the medium diapers (cloth)....so they're not on the tightest setting anymore....I thought we would never get there...haha. Why does he have such a skinny waist and bottom....I am a bit jealous.
watching people play from the balcony
Playing in the mud with his new shoes.

We have been to therapy for a little over a month now, and he's doing okay. He seems to like the speech therapist...he seems to pay more attention to her anyways. But 30min once a week, just doesn't seem enough for me. He's not fully talking yet, but I KNOW he understands what is being asked 100% of the time. The therapist advised me that he would probably benefit from a full evaluation at Vanderbilt....the insurance would pay for it and it would include a psychological evaluation. The doctor would try to figure out the root of the problem (the "why").....bad thing is that it can take up to 6 months, apparently the waiting line is pretty long. BUT if he gets it done before we leave, it would help him get into a better  preschool faster....I'm not opposed to that. I do hate that I'm treating my child as an experiment though. But I am also weirded out by the fact that if he understands everything, why is it so hard to sound out the words? I'll spend maybe an hour each morning trying to teach him words with these flash cards his daddy bought for him (the speech therapist uses the same ones  and Dom loves them).  I know he knows what I'm talking about, but he doesn't even try to make sounds to see if he can get it right. Some words that he used to use, he no longer uses....almost like he gets bored of using them. So, based on last month, he's still using the same words....so no change has happened since them concerning speech. BUT I know he can say some words...so I know he's not a mute.
Enjoying his new flashcards

 He's definitely a thinker though....he's not much a talker....obviously. He loves to people watch and create things with the mega blocks and puzzles....O MY WORD...does he love puzzles....especially new ones. He likes the challenge of trying to figure it out, and so quick with them...he's so fast at finding new puzzles on the ipad. He's almost too smart. He's definitely....different.

One time, daddy was home and we decided to all play with the mega blocks. It's so funny to see how different boys and girls are..... I made a couple of giraffes....cause that's all I could see in my mind with the pieces....but daddy made a gun...to kill my giraffes with...and Dom thought it was the funniest thing ever...to knock down my animals....he probably did it for like 20 min...boys are so weird.my giraffes didn't live to tell the tale, but Dom had a blast.
Mommy's giraffes
Daddy's creation. Dom was having a blast until he found
the Ipod.

We have regressed on the potty issue. He was doing so well, and all of a sudden he just starting going during nap time. It's frustrating, but I don't know what to do. So if anyone has any suggestions....please. It takes about an hour to get to sleep, so I guess he takes advantage of that time to go potty ( he does wear a diaper still). At first, I thought they were accidents...but a weeks worth of accidents in a row....is no accident. I think I may have scared him...which is weird, because he didn't show any signs of fear before. I have recently tried to stay with him until he falls asleep...but little booger then goes as soon as he wakes up, and by the time I get to him it's too late....so yeah...it's on purpose. I know he's still young, but I m not sure what triggered the regression....nothing has changed (unless therapy has something to do with it...but it's only been a week, and therapy has been going on for a month). He does enjoy going into the bathroom turning on the light and fan AND washing his hands and brushing  his teeth.

He hates being dirty...which is weird for a boy. He'll wear crocs to the playground and constantly tell me to clean his feet...but he won't stop wearing them. He also hates being sticky. Like in nursery, sometimes they give him cookies or something and his hands will be sticky...and that's the first thing he points out when I come pick him up. It's a bit odd...but he's not the first boy I've seen worried about hygiene...maybe that's my fault...with all the hand washing and whatnot.
 
He enjoys picking out his clothes and shoes for the day...sometimes, he has to pick my outfit....and doesn't make a very good job of it, but whatever...I've spent the first 9 months with boogers and spit up on my shirt..what's a bad choice in clothing? 

Just last week my parents and brother came to visit (hopefully for the last time in Nashville) and I think Dom was a little too spoiled with attention. But I'm not gonna lie...it was nice for somebody else to tire him out....cause I usually give up around 6pm. But it was like tag team...it was great!
He ran outside in the tennis court for half an hour, then head for the playground the next half hour...then we would hit the local stores or mall and do some walking.... you think I was lying about Dom being too active?....yeah, I wasn't...he wore out everyone.
Getting tired

 Dom had picked a designated person for each game...Tio David was only allowed to play Thomas the train with him, and guelito was allowed to play with mickey. Guelita was allowed to cuddle him but only during the day, not night- that's mommys job. My mom re- taught him how to say bye and wave. One time, while getting ready for therapy, I said " ok baby let's go".... He grabbed my mom's hand and pulled her out the door while waving goodbye to ME. I felt a little betrayed....haha.

It was nice to have the family over, and we were so sad they had to leave...but all good things must come to an end.We hope to see them soon. Uncle Beto will come from his mission soon and baby and I might visit him. I can't believe two years have gone so fast....he left when baby was only 6 mo old.

This month, we also celebrated my birthday with a small family trip to Texas Roadhouse....that place is just too addicting...we find any excuse to go...haha. I'm not gonna lie...birthdays aren't what they used to be,  but it was nice to see my family during this time.
Loving that bread and dipping in the butter (as if the bread
didn't have enough already)
YUMMY....I'm not sure what Dom is doing.

 

No comments: