This was the first year that Dom actually got to go on an Easter Egg Hunt. His first one, he was 4mo old, so we didn't go. This past year, I think we spent it with my parents. BUT this year...I decided to make it exciting for him. I kept telling him about the eggs and how the bunny comes and leaves them and you have to find them. I am not sure if he understood the concept....but once he figured out there was chocolate inside the eggs...he was game for it.
The church activity started at 10am, but like true Mormon time, we didn't really start until like 10:45am. They started with a spiritual thought and an activity where the kids would open 12 eggs and each one represented a piece of the story of Jesus' Resurrection. Then, the kids got to make some crafts- an egg and a goody bag (in case you didn't bring a basket for the hunt).This took around the half hour....then they split the primary into really tiny kiddos, and the other ones. You would have thought that the split would happen between young and older primary...but 6yr olds are just as vicious as 9 yr olds....so they go to be in the same group. Dom was so impatient....he hated being put in a line. but once they told them to go get the eggs...he was all for it. He found about 6 of them...when he got distracted by rocks...HAHA...so, that was all he was able to get...that's fine, less candy for him.
|
|
| Figuring out how to do his egg |
 |
| Loving the ink pad |
 |
| Yep...he really loved it. |
 |
| In line to go to the hunt |
 |
| Egg Hunting |
After the hunt, they provided water and pizza for the families in attendance. that was really cool...didn't know they did that. So, it was a great success. Dom loved running around with the other kids and being chased.
 |
| The loot |
 |
| Lunch |
 |
| and....dessert! |
We decorated here around the house, but didn't do our own egg hunt ( I thought Dom had already too much candy) nor did we do a dinner, since Daddy wasn't around for the weekend. My family doesn't really celebrate Easter with a big dinner....I'm not sure why. There is no big celebration for it...
I decided to do something for my young women this year. I was in charge of mutual this week, so we went ahead and did Easter Jeopardy, and the girls thought it was a hoot. For the final question, I found this
amazing article in lds.org that you are welcome to read. I found it fascinating and actually read all of it. I keep telling the girls that Wikipedia is not a reliable source for lds information (nor ANY information for that matter), so I had to set up the example and find something on a church magazine.
For their Easter present, I went ahead and found some awesome coupons that gave me free eye shadow, so all the young women got eye shadow in an egg and a chocolate bunny for mutual. Then, for Sunday, I went ahead and made a snack....
 |
| cute Easter present for the YW |
 |
| "open tomb" cookies for Sunday |
Overall, I think it was a success. While the Easter Bunny is cool and all, I did emphasize to Dom WHY we really celebrate Easter. Did he understand? Probably not....it's too big of a concept for a 2 year old (but he knows the word and pictures of Jesus)...but I figure as long as we keep doing it yearly, maybe someday it will stick. Happy Easter Everyone!
 |
Dom's Easter basket- dry erase crayons cars, mac & chz
chocolate bunny, and a watch. |
 |
| He really enjoyed his basket. |
1 comment:
You are such a great mom! And crafty too. Thanks for sharing Dominic's growing.
Post a Comment