We started the day with going to Church....like every Sunday. The only thing our ward did was a youth musical number.....and I've just received a text that the Father's Day party is this Friday at 7pm.....slackers. But seriously, they never lose an opportunity to celebrate with food an dancing.
When we came home, Spencer requested chili dogs as his meal....easy peasy. I like it when he doesn't ask for anything too complex. And afterwards....we had cake....a small one. We're trying to cut down on sweets drastically around here....and this cake was the perfect size.
| surprised by his hot dog. Spencer also requested Mexican soda. |
| It's hard to self time these things.... |
| Dom was already crabby by this point |
We were gonna have a water ballon fight, but Dom woke up super early (like 5am early and no nap since church interferes with it)and was a crabby pants by 6pm...so our plans were crushed....maybe next time Daddy is off, we can try again.
I was watching a late night show and this dad comedian was talking about being a dad and how you join this club but nobody likes to talk about it (like fight club) and the host asked him "why are you glad you're the father and not the mother?"....and he responded..."mom's judge everyone and get judged all the time. As a dad, if you show up with string cheese after a game you're a hero!". I thought how true that is....but mainly because we don't expect Father to take over Mother's job. But society is changing...more mommies work and more daddies have to help around. And this day in age, Daddies do a lot more than they used to. I see my husband take Dom to the park ALL the time, or wash dishes, or every now and then make us dinner....especially during mutual nights. What more of a man can I ask for?? He works for free, he helps around the house, changes diapers (rarely...but he does), and he goes to school full time. That's a hard life. I know everyone says Mom has it harder, but I think we underestimate the Dads in our lives. It's hard to go to work (most of them don't even like their jobs) and come home to more work....poor fellows. At least I can walk around in my PJs if I'm not feeling it today, Or lay around the couch and get up in spurts...you know???
So, let's try to let them know they're appreciated not just once a year....they need to know it all the time. They need to feel that they're accomplishing something. I'm so glad I was able to find an eternal companion who loves children and was willing to be a Dad...not just a father to them....but a real buddy Dad. And thank you to MY father...who taught me everything I know and for the great relationship we have.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

2 comments:
Nice words for a nice Dad.
Nice words for a nice Dad, by a nice Mom. Nice.
Post a Comment