Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

August 14, 2014

Take a Hike

My dear husband, ever since he finished his schooling, has really gone from going 100mi an hour since he wakes up to crawling speed...it's driving him crazy. We're waiting on recruiters to set interviews and on anybody to call us with the good news of a new job....but so far...we're in limbo.

Spencer has found a way to alleviate this anxiety by hiking in the mornings. He'll pick a random spot around Nash and just hike. On Wednesday, since Dom woke up at 6am I told him we would go with him. I am not a hiker, but I was hoping It would tired Dom out and maybe he would nap better.

We decided on Radnor Lake. I thought Spencer had been there before, so we took the stroller, cause he told me that the trail was wide enough for it.....(do you see where this is going?) He did tell me it was going to be 3 miles...which honestly it's not that much to me, I was just worried about the baby, but since we took the stroller...I thought we would be fine.

Found 3 deer on the climb to the top
On the way to the top, literally like 5 min in, we noticed that it was getting really steep, so we had to carry Dom and the stroller. I took the front and daddy took the back. it was insane. Had I known that all 3 miles were going to be like this, I never would have signed up for it. But it wasn't all 3 miles, but it seemed like it. Once we reached the top, we found more people walking the trail and all of them said the same thing "wow....that's ambitious (looking at the stroller)"...basically telling me that this wasn't done.
Reaching the top

The top was nice, there was much room and Dom started walking around. Dom never liked the stroller, I am not sure why I haven't gotten rid of it. I am afraid to sell it, and then realize that I need it for something....the hoarder in me says to keep it.

Mommy and baby pic
Daddy/baby pic...he's being silly. he found a ray of light and said
take a pic!
On the climb down, we found a lady that immediately said "oh...you're' going to go down the steps with that?"...well it's too late now I suppose we were hallway there....either way had steps so whatever. besides, who puts steps on a hike???
Exploring
Taking turns with Dom
Im not sure why Daddy is blurred....but that's the bottom of the steps
The end of the hike...more deer
Dom fell asleep for a few minutes.

We finally made it to the car in time for breakfast (around 9:30am). Dom fell asleep for only for a few minutes. Once we put him in the car, he had woken up and didn't nap until 3pm that day. Another misadventure in Nashville...haha. Spencer likes to reminds us of our "family bonding trip" every chance he gets. I was just upset that we had to carry the stroller up and down slippery steps....but honestly, it was mostly him. I took Dom...I would take Dom over the stroller any day. There was a couple of spots where I saw Spencer too close to the edge and slipping...but he would not let go of the stroller....he said it was because he knew I would be mad at him if it toppled and rolled all the way to the bottom....haha....he's so right....hey, what do you expect after 8 yrs together???

He's already planning another trip, but I think this time, we'll leave the stroller at home. Dom will just have to be a tough cookie and walk it out.

No comments: