Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

November 3, 2014

Halloween 2014


This is our second Halloween with the hubs home, so we decided to actually enjoy the celebration. Dom is a little older and able to walk longer periods of time. Last year, he wanted to get in the stroller and ended up falling forward and scraping his nose...it was pretty bad. I'm sure there's a post about that. THIS YEAR....no stroller...and he did wonderful.
 
We decorated our place a little and got Dom all excited about spiders and blood. Dom dressed up as a shark...again. I was surprised he would even dress up....he hates dressing up....you should see our struggles on Sunday morning. Spencer and I decided to go as the cast from Castaway...he was the Tom Hanks character, and I was the Wilson ball....haha. I'm sure there is a picture of us three somewhere but I can't find it right now...oh well.
did u see the rat stickers?


spiders everywhere and witch boots on my table legs.

the entry. I also had blood gel cling on the guest bathroom mirror.
 
We carved some pumpkins...well, Spencer did. I don't really like doing it, and neither does Dom....and we had already bought the pumpkins...so Spencer decided that it was up to him to uphold the Halloween tradition and carved all three. We each picked out a design and he did it all...it was great. But it did take him all day. And like Coffey tradition, he baked all the pumpkins, pureed them, and froze the pumpkin for pie later in November.  Here's the proof....
 
We also did the Trunk or Treat right before Halloween in our new ward. Apparently, Spencer had the time wrong. We showed up half an hour late and the food was all gone!....there was going to be a chili cook off with some sides....and then dessert bar...THEN the trunk or treat. They had games in different classrooms so the kiddos could get more candy. Dom did them all, he thought they were so goofy...and he liked getting candy. Little did he know, that he wasn't going to eat it. Umm...I have become that mother. There really is no need for children to eat all that candy....it's bad enough toddlers hardly eat. Dom will probably eat ONE good meal a day (and that's normal)...the last thing I want is to fill his tummy with empty calories. So, we opt for raisins, and chocolate cereal, and things of that sort. So, there is sugar around the house....but we opt for it to not be candy and cookies. Daddy usually falls victim first and will buy some and hide them from the rest of us...haha. I'm still trying the whole juicing and clean eating stuff...and hoping it will rub off on Dom....he's actually pretty good. He will eat veggies and some protein, so I guess I should be content with that.
Getting ready for the trunk or treat

he snuck one past me

Handing candy out and scaring the poor kids

Yep...that happened...and he actually won the contest too.
BOO!!!
 
On Halloween night, our apartment complex did some trick or treating and we did that....it only took about an hour. It was cold...maybe in the 50s and Dom's nose was runny, so we decided to cut it short...he may have gotten like 10 pieces of candy...good enough for both of us. Then later, around 7pm, we went to my Mom's house and did a couple of streets (mainly to get him tired). He was so excited about knocking ,saying "trick or treat" and then getting some candy. He always said "thank you" , which I thought was so cute. My brother took him around, since I didn't really feel like it....the beauty of living next to family. But they both had a blast. Actually around 9pm, Dom wanted to go again. I put on a glow light around his neck and off he went with Guelita. He was so hyper on the couple of pieces he had. I decided to let him spend the night with my mom.....greatest idea ever (haha). Apparently, he didn't sleep at all....bahahaha....but I did. SO, I was ok to take him the next day. The night Dom slept over, Spencer and I decided to take the Halloween decorations out and put out the Thanksgiving ones out....haha. We're so boring....but that was our date and it was cool.
Sitting outside the apartment handing out candy....and trying
to scare the kiddos at the complex
Trick or Treating in Guelita's neighborhood
 
Oh man, and now we're moving on to more sweets....soon it will be Thanksgiving....and next thing before you know...it will be Christmas. And this year, Christmas will be a little different for us. It might be our humblest yet, but I'm okay with that. I'm close to family and that is really all I wanted. Geez...where did this year go?

No comments: