Spencer has been bored out of his mind since we moved. He is due to get to work on Nov 7, but in the meantime, all we can do is wait for all the paperwork to come through. In case you're wondering, most of the paperwork was making sure he had all the appropriate licenses to work. Not only is there like 5 of them...they're expensive every time you apply for them. I recently found out that the DEA must give you a license to practice if you plan on prescribing medicine in a hospital. I told Spencer that we were on the wrong side of the law, because I was pretty sure I saw corner pharmacists all the time, and I'm pretty sure they did not have a license to sell that stuff...and here HE is trying to wait on a license.
He found a couple of birds he might like to see in the Dallas area, so I decided to tag along. It's been like 5 years since I've been to Dallas. We remembered a tex-mex restaurant called "Papasitos Cantina" that had the best waiters and super friendly staff....and I remember they had an IKEA.
We decided to leave Dom with my mom the night before so we could actually sleep and leave early. I wasn't sure how that was going to go, but we decided to try it. Little booger didn't even blink about it...all he said was "Ita's house...bye bye mama"....I felt so betrayed....lol. I guess that's what it feels like when they leave home...I just wasn't ready for such reaction.
 |
| Start of our nightmare... |
We left late....and got to Dallas around 9am thinking we would skip all the 7am traffic....um....Dallas is ALWAYS on 7 am traffic. It was horrible. They're making the highway much larger (I-35)...like 4 lanes wider (right in the middle of the interstate), so they have to close the inner lanes making the original 4 lanes into 3. Sucks for the Dallas people...I can't imagine going to work everyday in that. There's always an accident, an ambulance, tow truck, fire truck...SOMETHING....blocking at least one lane on one side....so the lanes are down to two.
 |
| And it continued for miles.... |
We finally got the birding place, birded for an hour, got a couple of birds Spencer needed and I was starving!!! So we headed to Papasitos for lunch. The food was so-so, but they do make their own salsa, chips, guacamole, and flour tortillas there....which was refreshing. The staff, again, was super nice and super attentive. I honestly, don't think I have EVER been to a sit down place where people were as nice as this.
 |
| Finding some birds.... |
 |
| Still trying to find them.... |
 |
| Gave up....time to eat!! |
 |
| Spencer stuffing his face....haha |
Once we stuffed our bellies, we decided to head to the north side of town (but still 25min away) to IKEA. The only other IKEA I've been to is in Phoenix, and I think the Dallas one might actually be smaller, I'm not sure. Maybe, it's because when we went to the Phoenix one we had little ones with us, and we were walking slower...making it seem bigger...I don't know. But it was nice to not have to pull or carry Dom...he's getting heavy (especially when he refuses to sit in the cart). We looked real quick and nothing really stood out to me, so we just brought one of these for Dom's room and called it quits. Some of their pieces are affordable, and most of them are not. I feel like I could find a real wood dresser in a thrift shop for half of what they're charging for wood composite....but to each his own. I do like the piece we bought for Dom...his room is really coming together....it's not done, but it's coming together. He's got too many toys, I think maybe by Christmas time, we will donate some, since I know he'll get more (since it's his birthday as well). But for now, I like it. I feel like the walls need something, but I haven't found that IT factor yet. And I love how high the ceilings are (especially for a first floor apt) but I have no idea what to do with them. Any suggestions would be appreciated....do you do wallpaper border up there? shelves? I don't want to do vinyl cause I feel like with the pooh stickers I have yet to find in the house, it would seem enough. I don't like too much vinyl...and the apartment is really not that big...so I don't want to see vinyl EVERYWHERE.
We came home around 6pm, picked up Dom, and after a huge tantrum....came back home. again, I felt betrayed....I thought he would be so happy to see me. We ate dinner together as a family, Dom quiet down, and got ready for bed and the next day. I guess now I know, that I can leave Dom with my parents from now on...good to know.
Unpacking has been hard this time around. I get dizzy quite a bit. I have headaches all the time. I think it's because I need more water. So far, I have gotten rid of every box except for two. This apartment only has like 3 huge closets...so I have to stuff everything in those three, otherwise, there is nowhere else to put things....it's odd. And they only have one shelf and it's like 6ft off the ground...how am I EVER suppose to reach that??? So, after a month of moving stuff around....and around again ( I felt like I was playing Tetris)...I think the closets are good to go. Little by little, we'll get there. Eventually I want to get a hutch and a nice desk on the nook we got for the living room...but all in due time. Spencer needs to work first....haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment