Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

October 14, 2014

34 Months

The move has been hard on Dom's sleeping schedule. It seems every time we move...the poor kid regresses  in something. This time...was sleep....not that he was very good at it to begin with. He refuses to nap, but if I take him on a car ride around 2pm, he'll start drooling in about 5 minutes. I am not sure why he fights me so much on this. Sleep.....is good for the soul...haha. I love sleep....don't get it. He's so weird. Good thing I slept a lot before I had him....cause I sure don't get it now. I have even contemplated giving him Benadryl....but never given it to him...I'm afraid it'll be habit forming or something, but I may give him Melatonin...if this does not change soon. My mom tells me all the time he can sleep over here, so I can get some rest...but I feel like that's not her job.....I'm the mother....I'm the one that has to suffer...you know? But I m starting to think I might take her up on it...if he doesn't change here in the next few weeks or so. I have been so exhausted lately....unpacking and moving...and moving things again....I don't even work out anymore...all I think about is taking a nap or resting my poor feet. But Dom has other ideas.....
Finally put this table together....he loves it!

He's been really good with speech though....we can't all win at everything. He's putting 5 to 6 words together. I'm amazed at how well he connects words. For example....colors are always descriptive and therefore go in front of the noun....yellow schoolbus, red truck, green monster truck.....the only way I can get him to talk is about cars and such. He's so close to doing sentences....we gotta work on the verbs....otherwise  it's not a sentence right? Other than that, he's got it. He'll say thing like "dada come?" (Is dada coming?). Luckily, no why this? Or why that?....I'm not ready for that. He still loves his numbers....understands the concept of one thru ten very well. One time I told him he could get ONE cookie...he ate it, and right after he said "mama, TWO cookies"....and I said "no baby, I said ONE and you already ate it...sorry"...and he kept arguing with me that it was TWO cookies...what a goober, he thinks he can outsmart me.
 I'm thinking about  introducing simple addition, but not sure if he'll get it. But he loves playing and saying numbers....that's for sure. He loves colors as well....he'll always use a color to describe something...along with "cool", "big/small", "wet/dry", "cool"...daddy has been teaching him those. We live next to an ice cream place that has a big ice cream cone in the front and every time we drive by, Dom will say "Dom's ice cream cone" . Lol
Inspecting the fence
In this video, you can clearly see he grasps the number two concept. He actually did it for all six doors (including colors and animals) but the video was like 10min long...I'll spare you this time. haha

A new thing is when we want to take the ipad away or it's time to go to bed he'll stand up, put his hand in front of him (as if to say stop...in the name of love) and say "daaaadaaaa noooooo". It's actually quite funny to see how dramatic he is. He loves spending time in his Guelita's backyard and just play with dirt. He loves her magnets and loves to take them apart.....oops. Guelita needs to baby proof a little better. In her defense, she stopped having babies in her house about 20 yrs ago. He loves his Tio David...but calls him uncle tico. I think he means to say "Tio" (uncle in Spanish"). So basically he's saying uncle uncle...haha. They're confusing him. He learned the word "nunca" (never), "taco", "burrito", "mac and cheese", and  "corn dog"....I guess he'll never go hungry. Haha.
Now he can run safely until his little legs give out

I have been so tired lately, that I have not actually sat down with him and taught him the states that we still need, nor his coloring skills. I need to be better. He comes first....not unpacking. This past Sunday, we went to our new ward.....and they're very prolific....primary is HUGE. So, maybe Dom will find some friends here. Everyone seems so nice and even though we have to drive 20 min to the building, a lot of the members literally live right around the corner from us...it's so weird. It's time for a new buildings I guess. The stake has grown so much in the past 4 yrs we've been gone....they've actually split it. So half of Edmond belongs to the OKC stake, while the other half belongs to the Stillwater stake (30 min away). Crazy! And there's actually 5 stakes in the,metro area....who woulda thunk it? Either way, everyone is nice and cooperative....and very frank...haha. I think I'll fit right in.

Rock climbing

Don't let him fool you...he HATES the swing
 
I think this particular change was for the better...specially for Dom. I think he talks WAY more than before and actually wants to participate in group activities, and likes playing with kids and adults alike. I have already made an appointment with the Edmond Schools to see if maybe he needs to be in a developmental program and maybe start PreK early (3 yrs old). I highly doubt it. He didn't qualify last time TN did it for me...so I'm not getting my hopes up. But at least I"ll meet the speech pathologist and see if she knows of other programs in the area he can join besides PreK....because apparently there's  a waiting list for that. We might just have to put him in a little church school for now. Now, if we could get his eczema and sleep under control, everything would be perfect.....
 

No comments: