So, it has come to this. We are moving once again. My child has been living in a different state and city every year of his life...how sad is that? I thought by the time I had children, I would have a house and have a more permanent settlement. But it was not to be I guess.
 |
| last meal in our Nash apt |
We started packing hard core about two weeks ago. I hate packing...we were basically living out of suitcases for the past week, and Dom's toys were packed so long ago, that he would get bored more easily, and needed more attention....but my attention was more into making more boxes, which he did not like. And then, when I did take him outside...I was so exhausted, the last thing I wanted was to make more boxes and pack them!......terrible cycle to be in. The ipad did help me a bit in the last week. Dom would watch it and I would snooze on the floor next to him...but let's face it...Mom's never really sleep ever again....not like we use to...it's like your brain has to still be able to feel and listen to her surroundings....so when you say you sleep...you really only close your eyes....it sucks...but it's a lot better than nothing.
 |
| pile of stuff #1 |
 |
| pile of stuff #2 |
 |
| pile of stuff #3 |
Alas, Spencer picked up the truck this past Friday (26th) and a few members of the church helped us load it. We thought we had gotten rid of so much stuff, that getting a 16ft was going to be half empty....we were wrong....everything barely fit. There was no dresser, no couch and no computer armoire...which I thought were big pieces...WHICH MEANS...that had I kept them, we would not have had enough room....so, basically, if you have appliances, and big pieces of furniture....there's no way you're going to fit everything in a 16ft truck...haha.
 |
| Loading time |
We started at 8am, John came at 9am (Spencer picked him up from the airport), and we were done by 11am. My dad arrived in Nash around 11am. We had brunch and he helped me clean the apartment, while the boys went to check some sights out. We cleaned it all by 3pm, headed out to dinner at Red Robin and called it a a day. We packed as much as we could, slept on the floor with blankets, and went to bed by 7pm.....because the plan was to leave at midnight (hoping the baby would sleep thru most of the 10hr drive).
 |
| getting ready to leave |
We did leave around 12:30am...pitch dark....most of the neighbors were still up watching tv or just getting home. Dad was a little uneasy driving in the dark...it's been a while for him, and I hardly slept cause Dom sucks at sleeping...within an 8 hr sleep he woke up 4 times asking for milk...I'm not sure if he was nervous, or just being Dom.
 |
| Finally gave in around 5am |
We didn't follow each other, because the boys had planned to stop in Little Rock to do some birding, so since we thought we might be ahead of them by some time, we decided to stop for breakfast at 8am. It's been a while since I've had a muffin breakfast sandwich....the best thing I've had in a long time! After 30min of stretching our bones, we headed out again....arriving around noon at our new apartment complex. Only to find out that the boys were already there, they had already untowed his mini cooper and parked the truck perfectly for unloading at the new space. We met in the office, sign the papers, gave the deposit, and got our keys....finally, ready to move in!
 |
| Last stop before arriving at our destination |
 |
| Finally!!! only 3 hours to go.... |
We unloaded fairly quickly....word of advice...get a dolly. Harbor freight sells them dirt cheap. One of the best investments if you plan to move a lot of stuff at one time. Instead of carrying (at most) 2 boxes, when with the dolly- not only does it help your back, you can carry up to 6...making moving in time so much shorter. We actually had two- the truck came with one, and we had another one, so it went super fast. We got done by 2pm....ate lunch and called it a day....haha
 |
Dom's new bathroom....bigger than mine...I'm a bit jealous. It
has two doors- one to dom's room and one to the hallway off the
entrance of the apt. |
The boys went camping to test the new equipment Spencer got for his birthday. I actually slept the night with Dom at my mom's house because around 7pm I got so dizzy....the room was spinning so fast, I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to take care of Dom during the night....or if something happened and needed to go the ER....there was no one home to take me...where's my husband nurse when you need him??? I haven't felt so dizzy in a really long time...I thought my ears were acting up again. the next day I was better, but not 100% better...it actually took me about two days to feel completely better. Spencer says that I was probably severely dehydrated. I guess I only ate the breakfast muffin and some tacos for lunch (but did throw up later that day)...so really I survived on minimal calories...and I don't remember drinking water...so there you go, take care of your body when you're moving.....
 |
| Dom's room |
 |
| Living room....I finally have a living room with no carpet. |
So far, 90% of the boxes have been opened and put away, the other 10% we don't know what to do with, since the dresser (held TV and stuff) and computer armoire are no longer with us, I have to idea where to put all that stuff. The living room looks too big....with boxes in the middle. So, no big reveal this time.....maybe later, when I get all the fragile stuff out. Only the bedrooms are mostly done. I had no idea I had too much stuff. For now, a mini tour will do...sorry, maybe later
 |
| Right across the living room....the dining area |
 |
| The kitchen....I love the ceiling heights |
 |
| Inside kitchen....there is a huge pantry/storage/ washer and dryer |
 |
| and...we get celling fans EVERYWHERE |
 |
our bedroom...has a walk in closet and a bathroom...
but its full of boxes. |
And there it is.....moving is always hard, but we'll have lots of things to look forward to in this apartment, so for now...it's home.
No comments:
Post a Comment