Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

September 30, 2014

How old are you again?

This man turned 30! That's crazy...he was so young when I met him....WE were so young. Amidst all the chaos of packing and losing things while packing, I managed to pull off a mini party. I went to the dollar store and got some streamers and ballons. I love the dollar store for these type of decorations..so cheap and I don't feel bad that they were only for a day and I don't feel bad that they are thrown away.
Decorations
Gift Table

So, Spencer went birding the morning before his bday....by the way, he's home all day now...so it's hard to plan any kind of surprises when were together ALL the time. He came home and tried to take a nap...this probably went on for 40 min, so it didn't give me a whole lot of time to get the decorations up. Man, I'm so tired these days....do u know how hard it is to blow 12 ballons in minutes??? And then I had to get on a chair and staple the streamers, and get back down each time in order to move the chair....and then do it all over again for the ballons....whew....this girl was exhausted! I had barely stapled the last of the things, when he walked out....surprised....genuinely surprised. He said that he had packed the decorations away, so this was not expected. He loved it. It's hard to surprise my husband...so I'm glad this worked out. We went out to lunch to Texas Roadhouse (best steaks ever) and then he got to pick out a cheesecake. Sorry, I don't bake....and even if I did....everything is already packed...so I have nothing to work with. And I was not about to attempt to try to make a cheesecake for the first time on a birthday.....I gotta practice beforehand....nobody likes a first-time cake. It's like wearing your brand new heels for the first time the day you get married....MAJOR no-no.
Waiting for his steak

Anyways, on his actual birthday (a Sunday) we opened gifts and ate some cheesecake. Well, he did anyways. Dom doesn't like cheesecake...so I bought him a cupcake. And I have stopped eating sweets most of the time....cheesecake gives me a tummy ache. So, Spencer ate a whole cheesecake by himself...in two days....LET IT BE KNOWN...that this man has eaten a whole cheesecake by himself in two days...how is he not FAT??? And then I eat a brownie and all of a sudden I'm 3 lbs heavier?? 
Trying to light up all the candles

He got almost everything he asked for. He's into bush crafting these days....survivalist situations. So, his wish list consisted of paracord, bushcraft book, a couple of life straws, canteen, tent....and so forth. I think I might have missed a couple of items...but the bill was getting too high haha. He might have to wait until Xmas to finish off the list...I think he only needs a backpack at a this point. 
Finally after like 5 minutes...too many candles HAHA...

In conclusion, it was a good birthday. I asked Spencer for some words of wisdom and the best he could come up with was "I feel like I have accomplished nothing". WHAT??? He's got two degrees, a family, a career...how much more was he expecting? But in a way, he is so right....while 30 seems old to us...in the big scheme of things...it's only like a third of most people's lives. I mean, by the time you're 60.... Yeah, I'm sure you feel like you've accomplished something....one is so close to retirement by that point, kids are grown,  and you're past your middle life crisis haha. But for now, Spencer has created a bucket list to make sure he does the things he wants to do.....Happy birthday buddy!
All gifts
Finally...cake time! Happy day Spencer!
 

No comments: