So, we floated thru life quietly. Dom and I still played on the playground...I tried really hard to pretend everything was normal for Dom. Spencer had all kinds of projects due his last semester at Vanderbilt, so he spent most of his last semester at home and clinicals, so he actually helped a lot with Dom, especially early mornings....which I truly appreciated it.
First trimester- Around 6 weeks, then nausea hit a bit worse than it did with Dom. I don't remember being this sick. I was wanting food, but NOTHING tasted good. Never threw up, but always gagged after every meal. I just avoided eating in front of people all together. I still tried juicing to keep my vitamins up, but they just didn't taste good anymore ( and had major heartburn), so I would only take them like twice a week. It was awful. I am pretty sure I was tired, but Dom was having none of that- so I had to suck it up. By week 9, the nausea was gone. Peppermint gum helped with the weird aftertastes I had.
Maybe....I wouldn't gain so much weight his time around, since I wasn't really eating. Seriously, I gained like 60 lbs with Dom....I was hoping to not REPEAT that with this one....but, I am actually quite a bit lighter than I was when I conceived Dom....so, the fear was always there. Fried foods were disgusting, and so were highly processed foods- desserts, cakes, frosting, cookies, candy, freezer meals, a lot of restaurant meals. I actually craved more like cheese, eggs, beans and lentils. Oh bother...what a boring pregnancy....I keep hoping I get crazy cravings like they show on the tv shows....instead I'm looking for lentils....lame.
Either way, by the end of the trimester I didn't gain any weight. Quite happy about that. Got first ultrasound...a tiny little peapod with 150bpm (Dom was in the 170s when we found him). And I didn't even show, which was even better. People always say that subsequent pregnancies, you show right away, so nobody at church knew. I figured the less I shared...the better. Besides, they have like baby showers every weekend...even if it's a 4th boy. I think these people just like to party. Haha. So, really no one knew. It was actually quite awesome....our own little secret....
Maybe....I wouldn't gain so much weight his time around, since I wasn't really eating. Seriously, I gained like 60 lbs with Dom....I was hoping to not REPEAT that with this one....but, I am actually quite a bit lighter than I was when I conceived Dom....so, the fear was always there. Fried foods were disgusting, and so were highly processed foods- desserts, cakes, frosting, cookies, candy, freezer meals, a lot of restaurant meals. I actually craved more like cheese, eggs, beans and lentils. Oh bother...what a boring pregnancy....I keep hoping I get crazy cravings like they show on the tv shows....instead I'm looking for lentils....lame.
Either way, by the end of the trimester I didn't gain any weight. Quite happy about that. Got first ultrasound...a tiny little peapod with 150bpm (Dom was in the 170s when we found him). And I didn't even show, which was even better. People always say that subsequent pregnancies, you show right away, so nobody at church knew. I figured the less I shared...the better. Besides, they have like baby showers every weekend...even if it's a 4th boy. I think these people just like to party. Haha. So, really no one knew. It was actually quite awesome....our own little secret....
Second Trimester- At 14 weeks, still mums the word. Finally, on my mom's birthday (july) I decided to do something special for her. I did a brag book for her of Dominic, and the very last page said..."are you ready to do it again?" with a pic of Dom holding the pee stick and the first ultrasound...She flipped that I waited so long....but honestly...I guess I was having a hard time believing it myself. I guess, once I started showing....it became more real. By the end of the 15th week, I had gained a couple of pounds....I was hungry like every four hours....so I stuffed myself with juices and fruits. And I exercised regularly. Can you tell I was paranoid about weight gain? I don't know..I guess I thought I couldn't lose the weight twice...I'm not that lucky. I finally came clean to church members around 18 weeks...I couldn't hide it any longer. We found out the gender of the baby. Truth be told, everyone around me that was pregnant, was having the opposite gender of the previous baby. I thought I was a shoe in for a girl. I though "If this is a girl, it's a sign that I'm done for good" haha. But it was not to be, even though the little nugget was still super lazy (I didn't feel him kick until well past the 20th week- Dom was kicking was by 15th week) and in the 140s by now, it was another baby boy. I'm not gonna lie...I was a bit upset at the universe for telling me that maybe I was not done. But I decided to express and deal with my feelings now BEFORE the baby comes, because I'm not going thru depression again. Around the 25th week, I finally came to terms with the fact that boys are all I know and this is what was best for Dom. He really needs a brother, I'm not sure if a sister would have been the best for him. I have always been the girls that hangs with boys...girls are too much drama for me. I don't mind getting dirty...or getting all the attention haha. So, living in a house full of boys....seemed fine to me. I would not have to explain to Dom why his sister has a "front butt" instead of a wee-wee (to not freak people out with the correct terminology) or having the sex talk with another girl.....ugh. Really...who wants to do that? it's so much easier with boys....girls are full of feelings....and seriously...have you ever tried to tell a girl to forget her feelings? how did that work out for ya? so, the more I thought about it...the more comfortable I felt with no girls around but me in this house. But then again....I would never have a girl to share grandkids with...or advice (when they're older, cause let's face it, they don't need it before then), or someone to dress up in cute uggs and Laura Ashley dresses. But the Lord knows why he does things...and besides we had already picked our families way before coming here....so I should be comfortable with whatever gender we receive. Since coming to the realization that this baby picked ME to be his mother....(why would anyone do that?)....I felt like maybe this was meant to be, and appeased my fears and sadness of not having a girl.
Our former ward decided to throw me a baby shower right before we left Nashville. These people are so sweet....I really was not expecting anything. But the gifts were well thought out. I know I will use them, even if it IS a second baby. By the end, we moved from TN to OK and had only gained 20lbs...pretty good for 26 weeks. I don't want to say I starved, but I DID watch what I ate. I came to the conclusion that if we didn't eat out, I could eat a diet of 1500 calories at most per day, which is actually not very much. But this baby was not nearly as active as Dom was, and I really wasn't that hungry. I ate my breakfast, lunch, and dinner....hardly snacks. If I did crave something, I would get a juice or eat like 3 apples...once my appetite was suppressed, if I still had a cookie craving, I would have one....but it beats eating half the package...and save myself some calories for dinner time. I did throw up twice when we moved here, and felt terribly dizzy- but Spencer says I was severely dehydrated because I was moving and unpacking so much without breaks.
Third Trimester- It was better sailing than my first pregnancy with Dom. I still ate a lot of fruits and veggies...minimized my sweet intake and tried to make my calories count. By this time, I was 20 lbs heavier with Dom (even though I look bigger with this baby). I kinda stopped exercising all together...I was exhausted ALL THE TIME. I took advantage of it, and took Dom to my mom's house...it was ridiculous how tired I was. As soon as I laid down, I was out....every time. If there was something to do, I had to make sure to keep moving. And Dom was not making things easier by not sleeping, he was so crabby right before dinner time. And Dom wakes up a lot during the night.....so I hardly sleep anyways. By the 29th week, I picked up the Tracy Anderson pregnancy workout again. If you haven't tried it, you should. The pregnancy one is great....it divides it up into 9 dvds (one per month) and she modifies her moves accordingly. By the end, you're only doing stretches...which is really all you need. Most of it is arms, and legs (butt) workouts. My butt did lift quite a bit. I was so nervous of having to wear mom jeans...haha. I know...I know....but I was. I got it at the library, but I'm sure you can find it on amazon for a good price.
Dom would try to sit on my lap, and when he couldn't he would pat my belly and say "hi baby". Too cute. He learned to say "one baby (himself), two babies (in utero)"....he was always number one. He understood everything that was going on. He's so smart. We kept telling him about being a big brother (not a big boy- I don't like that term- he will always be my baby). And he liked the sound of that....except when it involved using the potty.
Dom would try to sit on my lap, and when he couldn't he would pat my belly and say "hi baby". Too cute. He learned to say "one baby (himself), two babies (in utero)"....he was always number one. He understood everything that was going on. He's so smart. We kept telling him about being a big brother (not a big boy- I don't like that term- he will always be my baby). And he liked the sound of that....except when it involved using the potty.
Then, around the 33rd week....I could no longer carry Dom for longer than a few minutes before getting winded myself. And when I worked out ( ended with twice a week) my legs were jelly for the rest of the day....and they were in pain. It was so odd. By week 35- I was making freezer meals, washing baby clothes, setting up the pack n play, and couponing for diapers. Now, I like my cloth diapers, but I figured with two babies and sleep deprivation- I was bound to forget to wash diapers every once in a while, so I snatched good coupons and deals whenever I could.i figured it would cut me some slack and help me focus more on breast feeding, cause I am determined to get it right this time. Dom is so excited to meet his baby. I pulled out the car seat and baby toys and he's still playing with them...I hope he adjusts well. He keeps giving my belly kisses and says "big baby"....
By the last two weeks my apetite was out of control. I was eating everything in sight. Forget veggies- it was bread, muffins, cereal, cheese- load up the carbs. It was horrible , i couldnt help myself. By the time it was time to deliver... I really hadnt gained a whole lot. I gained the recommended 40 lbs... Much better than with Dom- about 20 lbs ligjter.
We went to the hospital on the 18Th for a scheduled c-section, and boy were we glad we did that ....

No comments:
Post a Comment