Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

January 3, 2015

Here's to the New Year

As 2014 finally closed on us, we can't help but thank our Heavenly Father for all the blessings and triumphs we were given in the former year. We went from being poor students in Nashville to employed graduates in Edmond. We went from a happy family of three to a busy family of four. The former year taught me how to be strong and how to hold my family together. It taught me that when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. It taught me that it's okay to roll with the punches and not have a plan...sometimes. And if you do...it's okay if it's not followed through. Life is meant to be enjoyed...not planned.

I don't believe in resolutions because I think they're stupid haha. Seriously, why do you have to wait until the beginning of the year, only to give up a month later? If you want to change...just do it. But I do like having some kind of goal...as to where you want to see yourself at the end of the year. We have thought about this long and hard (hubs and I). We have decided that overall, we want to be healthy because insurance and hospital bills are expensive. Hubs has agreed to juice with me this year. We have also decided that staying employed is a priority-haha. But there's also great things coming up...

This year we hope for more wonderful things- as we will see Ethan grow up and turn one at the end of 2015,  Dominic will turn 4 (and will start prek soon) and hopefully bunk together....and leave me alone at night (haha). We hope to save up and pay off some loans, but most importantly, we would love to buy a house. That's really the main goal for this year.

My husband keeps saying we're ready and able, but I still have my doubts. It's a lot of responsibility. I will not have a maintenance crew to call in the middle of night and fix things for me. My husband will become my maintenance crew- and we know nothing about electricity, plumbing, resurfacing, HVAC units...etc. So is it scary??? YEAH. But at the same time, I want my children to have a backyard and run around. I want them to have backyard toys and use their imaginations. I want to be able to wash dishes and see them running out my little kitchen window. I want my husband to have his own workbench or exercise space in the garage. I want to have a room dedicated to toys OR my room dedicated to the office/crafts. That would be really nice. Even though we really don't have that much furniture...I feel crammed in an apartment.

So far, we have decided to make a list for the houses must-haves. So far, we have decided that we need a four bedroom and at least 2 bath, big backyard with mature trees for the hubs in an established neighborhood. We would like it to be one story (I'm not climbing stairs for laundry and I certainly don't want my kids to stick their heads in the railings). No pool in the backyard- deal breaker for me. Too dangerous. A three car garage would be nice and for it to be in the ward and stake boundaries that we want. And most importantly, NOT a fixer upper- we would really like to NOT tear down walls and redo kitchens. A little painting and little projects are okay...but not redo whole bathrooms and kitchen....that's too much for me.

So, now...where is that house??? where does one even start? And please don't say Zillow.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly and Matt said...

Matt and I drove around for months before deciding upon a neighborhood. Good luck as you start your house search! What a fun time!