Baby Ethan went to the doctor recently. He weighed 9lbs 4 oz (he lost a pound in the hospital the first three days) and was 23 inches long...my OBGYN likes to call him a "slim Jim". Why are my babies so long??? Newborn and 0-3 month clothes are already super tight on him....he's just SOOO long. He can't stretch in them....I'm pretty sure Dom wore them for a lot longer....oh well. Any excuse to go shopping...haha
He has been with us for a month now...and I've gotta tell you....my feelings towards babies have not changed...haha. I thought It was me being depressed while with Dom, but now I have come to understand...it's just me. I still don't like babies. They don't do anything....all they do is dirty some diapers, eat every two hours (EVEN AT NIGHT!!!) and sleep all day. Even Dominic thinks it's boring. I got to hand it to this kid...he actually SLEEPS. Dom would sleep in half an hour increments. This kid can actually last 2 hours (I guess this is normal for breastfed babies). And he's always near Dom during the day so he doesn't sleep so "soundly"....Dom likes to make a lot of noise. And at night...he's ok. He's actually average- wakes up every 2-3 hours (if I'm lucky).....so we usually stay up and watch "friends" on Netflix (Yeah!...it's finally on there). And during the day, he's starting to stay up for a couple of hours twice in the afternoon...so we really only play with him 4 hours out of the day.
![]() |
| First day out |
![]() |
| Sleeping thru the first day |
![]() |
| Waking me up...but not Dom. Once Dom finally sleeps...he's a rock. |
![]() |
| Mad we had to leave the comfort of the hospital |
Now, that his features are more noticeable...I can see that he's a mini spencer: long arms, long fingers, and same toes...haha. It's so funny to see Dom look SO much like me, and Ethan look SO much like Spencer. But that's good...since kids look so different maybe I won't mix up their names.
![]() |
| Dada taking care of baby...or is baby taking care of HIM???? |
It's so cool to see Dom react so positive to Ethan. He likes to help around- with diapers, wipes, clothes, and even baths. And Ethan LOVES Dom's company. During bath time, he's so much more relaxed when Dom is yelling around in the bathroom....haha. Also, Dom is starting to spend Friday nights with my mom...to make sure he doesn't feel left out....and Ethan is a bit more whiny during those nights...I'm starting to think he misses him....
![]() |
| Meeting the family |
One thing Dom will not tolerate...is being woken up by his little brother. He hates the crying in the middle of the night. Right before Ethan, he would come into our bed pretty much every night....but since Ethan, he avoids our room at night like a plague...so there you go, if you're looking to get your kids our of your room at night....bring a baby home...haha.
![]() |
| Brotherly naps....Yeah, Dom actually sleeps like this. |
![]() |
| Man time...watching Mickey Mouse...haha |
![]() |
| It's freezing outside!!!! |










No comments:
Post a Comment