This month was crazy! We were busy people. Dom and I went to the library for story time and he loved it. He loves singing and acting out movies. So far, he's got Pinocchio, Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas, Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas, some other Mickey cartoon on Netflix, and Frozen. It took him a while, but he loves the intro music...I think he's ready for the Lion King...
I would love for my children to love the Disney classics- Peter Pan, The Jungle Book, The Aristocats, 101 Dalmatians...those movies. They don't make them like that anymore. The kids watch them at my parents' since we don't have those.
 |
| Sleeping the day away at Guelita's house. |
Spencer is working hard. He alternates- one week he works days, the next he's off, the next he'll work nights, and then off again for 7 days.....and we repeat the month again. He's preparing for a long hike in AZ in a few months, and likes to hike around here (with all his gear) to prepare for it, when he's off.
I am busy- laundry, sweeping, vacuuming, dressing kids, grocery shopping, putting toys away, making lunches and dinners, giving baths....is enough for me. the OBGYN has given me the "go" to exercise again, but I am yet to find the time. I am 20lbs down, and considering that's half the pregnancy weight AND I lost it in 4 weeks, I think its a win. I'll do zumba for five minutes in the morning if I can....but it's not a daily thing. I am not allowed to do crunches for another couple of months (not complaining), but planking is okay. My tummy still hurts...I can feel the inside stitches rub against my inside skin sometimes....its like carpet burn....so I take it easy those days. But overall, I'm good as I should be. I am better at this time than I was with Dominic...so that's a win. The apartment complex is doing a weight loss challenge (only $10 entry) and we get a personal trainer with nutritional classes....maybe I'll do that....again, If I find the time.
I did find the time to stock the car though. I hate carrying a HUGE diaper bag...so I came up with the idea of putting organizers in the car. And it's awesome. If we need to go in a hurry, we're set with toys, diapers, wipes, food, snacks, tissues, extra clothes, and even a first aid kit. I love it...how did i not do this before???? I don't really need to carry a diaper bag ever again.
 |
| One per kid. |
Ethan keeps growing and cooing...but mostly quiet...he likes to watch Dominic do his crazy stunts. When Dom is not home for a period of time, Ethan gets bored. He only eats during that time...haha. He's a great sleeper, only waking up to eat, but I can just put him back on the pack-n-play awake, and he'll just go back to sleep on his own...SCORE. Why are babies so noisy???He sounds like an old man...cough cough fart hock a loogie snort.....and repeat...It scare the crap out of me....EVERY TIME. He's moving out as soon as he can roll and defend himself from Dom....since they'll room together.
Dominic has mastered #2 in the potty so well. He knows and he goes to the potty by himself...it's #1 we have trouble with...still working on it...but he's getting there. Maybe he'll be ready by preschool time. Recently, we visited a preschool and got in the waiting list and hopefully we'll get in the time slot we chose (the principal said we probably should since we were first on the waiting list). Once Dom goes to school, I'll have more time to myself. YAY! And he'll learn so much more than just being with me.
 |
| The only way I can get him to sit down. |
 |
| I look like Daddy |
 |
| Reenacting Mickey for me... |
 |
| Trying to survive the cold weather these days |
 |
| He calls it his "blue pillow" |
 |
| Ethan's first Sunday at Church. he did so well |
 |
| Chillin' in Sacrament |
Recently, Dom also went to a therapy place to get evaluated for his speech. I told these people that he already had been evaluated less than 6 months ago. But I guess no one cares. Every place has to do their own evaluation and grade it. Which is dumb, because it's the SAME test over and over again. Dom is getting good at it...haha. He scores way better each time. BUT he is also getting better. We can understand him a lot better, and he's in that mimicking phase where it's easier for him to repeat words and phrases. He finally started using prepositions and verbs. So, he can do full sentences now, it's just a bit hard to understand him sometimes. But that's what therapy is for. This place is fantastic. They have two big gyms with appropriate toys and they let kids relax if the sessions is not working out (or they're stressing). They help them wash their hands, and take off their shoes and jacket. It came very well recommended, so I'm happy they are able to help him. We'll get a call back soon to inform us who his therapist will be and dates and times available.
 |
| Getting to play before evaluation |
 |
| Evaluation time |
When Daddy leaves for night shift, Dom gets sad and decides that my room is more fun than his at night. so, I let him sleep with me, and he gets goofy....and wakes up too often. I think I finally figured out why he wakes up so much. the last couple of nights, he told me his belly had an ouch....he was hungry and wanted food. I guess we need to feed him more protein at night, cause were not eating at 4 am. But it comes in phases, for the entire month, he's only woken up once, and now he's waking up twice....I think they're growth spurts. I also think he feels left out- since Ethan sleeps with us, and he's all alone in the other room across the apartment.
I thought since Spencer would work 7 days of night shift straight, that I would go crazy. And while I do get tired, its really not that bad. Even when he is here, I usually take care of the kids at night. But when he is here, he takes the early morning shift with them, giving me an extra 2 hour nap....which I do look forward to. I actually found the hospital breast pump kit I got with Dominic, and the piston doubles as a manual pump, so I've been pumping extra here and there(that fenugreek pills really work, by the way)....and Spencer can now take Ethan early mornings too.
 |
| WAY past his bedtime |
 |
| He's always this quiet..... |
 |
| He likes to buckle and unbuckle things now....including his car seat |
 |
| His first sunbeam class..... |
 |
| at Guelita's house....they put him to work |
 |
Doctor Dominic...he calls himself. Daddy has a stethoscope for work, so
he's doctor dada. |
But at the end of the day....these kids bring a smile to my face:
We have also started the application process with a bank for a house loan and started house hunting with a realtor. The deal was...that if we moved to OK, then Spencer would pick the house. SO far he doesn't like anything!...He's looking for the perfect one...good luck with that!
No comments:
Post a Comment