But He's a cutie. He's starting to coo and loves to talk (and smile) to Dom. Dom thinks it's funny and likes to say "silly Ethan".
Recently, Ethan got a little cough....a bad one. I really can't figure out where he got it from (later diagnosed as RSV). He never spiked a fever and never got stuffed up in the nose...it was just a nasty phlegmy cough.....then a week later Dom had the same cough...unfortunately, for him, he did spike a mild fever, he said his ears ached, and was super lazy for two days. YOU KNOW Dom is sick when he doesn't move from the couch and is actually willing to watch 5 hours of SpongeBob....so sad. He didn't even touch his toys those days.... I now think, since Ethan was on breastmilk, he never fully experienced the virus, but since Dom now refuses to eat veggies and most fruits (welcome to the glorious 3s)- well....he wasn't as lucky.
![]() |
| He really loves him. Dom loves to say hello to Ethan and then he moves Ethan's hand and says "Hello Dominic" |
Back to Ethan...He's an oral baby....loves his pacifier and hand way too much, way more than Dom ever did. Ethan needs constant reassuring from his pacifier or hand. I fear he might suck his thumb at some point. I am a recovering thumb sucker...so I KNOW how hard it is to quit....you might as well be a smoker or drug addict...cause it took me 10 years to finally clean up....it stinks. So, I hope he doesn't go that route....cause we're in for a ride.
![]() |
| Shhhh...men talking |
He loves that Dom and I play finger puppets for him. I got these IKEA puppets a couple of years ago and Dom is finally appreciating them by singing Old McDonald to Ethan. Although....we didn't get farm animals...apparently, Old McDonald has a shark, rat, frog, moose, lion, and an elephant...that's ok...he runs an exotic farm. It sure is funny for us to try to come up with those animal sounds...I mean what does a shark say??? "hello....my name is Bruce" (anyone???finding nemo?)
![]() |
| How can such a small thing cause so much havoc???? |
Dom also likes to run his cars all over Ethan...and Ethan smiles and coos...good for him, cause this is going to be a daily thing, so he might as well get used to it. And Dom is getting used to sharing...hard concept for him. When Ethan was sick, he gave him his Mario and Luigi dolls...which impressed me, because they are very dear to him.
![]() |
| My boys |
The kids get along just fine, which I was really worried about. Dom helps a lot more that I could have ever imagined. He always says good morning to his little brother and likes to say the Ethan likes to eat his mama (still).
I still live with the constant fear that my milk will go away, but I think that is because I can't physically see how much Ethan actually eats. On a couple of occasions, I didn't have enough for him, so I bought some fenugreek pills and since then, I pump a little extra and save it in the freezer for emergencies. Now, it could be a placebo effect, but it has worked for me. The only downside is that I only make the extra milk between midnight and six in the morning, so those are usually the times I pump....which stinks cause I rather be sleeping....but motherhood was never meant to be convenient I guess. My hubs also says i smell like maple syrup haha.
I gotta admit, this whole breast feeding thing is cool. I mean....no more washing bottle and parts....no running out of formula, or trying to find coupons/deals for formula. I don't even have to leave the room at night, I just cuddle him and it's done.The downside....ur on call 24/7. If you pump, you might get a break...but most of the time you don't. So Ethan has to go with me everywhere, while Dom gets a choice. But had Dom latched better, I would have done it 100% with him as well. I now know...it was no ones fault....or maybe it was both of us....it takes a team to make this work. The baby needs to be able to learn to latch and the momma needs to be able to actually put forth the effort to be there 24/7. It's not easy...by any means. But I like this way...way better than buying formula. The downside so far is that Ethan will now not even touch formula. I tried giving him some Tylenol for his vaccinations and he spit it ALL out...so basically, nothing but breast milk enters that mouth...which kind of stinks. We'll see in about three months how the food goes.
He's still super quiet (I think that is his personality) and loves to be around us. He sleeps ok at night...considering he wakes up every 3hours..he goes right back to sleep, no need to cradle him or anything. I found a music playlist on my iphone for baby lullabies...and he listens to that to fall asleep again...and it works. Dom still listens to instrumental hymns when he goes to bed...it helps relax him.
I'm hoping in the next few weeks, he'll start rolling over maybe...he's quite active. He's already pushing himself forward in the swing and he's super good at holding his head straight....maybe he'll walk early like Dom did....although...I hope I get more time to cuddle this little one.
He's still super quiet (I think that is his personality) and loves to be around us. He sleeps ok at night...considering he wakes up every 3hours..he goes right back to sleep, no need to cradle him or anything. I found a music playlist on my iphone for baby lullabies...and he listens to that to fall asleep again...and it works. Dom still listens to instrumental hymns when he goes to bed...it helps relax him.
I'm hoping in the next few weeks, he'll start rolling over maybe...he's quite active. He's already pushing himself forward in the swing and he's super good at holding his head straight....maybe he'll walk early like Dom did....although...I hope I get more time to cuddle this little one.








No comments:
Post a Comment